Livestream consistently dropping

folc.okeechobee

Hello,

When using OBS to run my livestream service for the church I attend, we have an issue where the livestream will drop in the middle of it. This used to be something very random, seeming to happen only when there was an internet issue. However, it has become an almost every livestream occurrence. I have researched everything that I can, have went to optimum settings for streaming service, whether Facebook, Youtube, or Restream, and it has been to no avail. The stream still drops.

Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this issue? Or, just what may be causing it?

I have included the last two logs that were created in OBS.

Attachments

• 2024-05-01 19-00-28.txt
    25.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 2024-04-28 09-33-43.txt
    23.9 KB · Views: 10

Harold

There's an underlying connection issue between the church and the streaming service.

folc.okeechobee

Any clue what that might be? I originally thought it could be internet connection, but I have tried both wired and wireless connections, as well as checking the network connection on other devices. Now, I know that my computer at the church is not the most top of the line. Would having a subpar video card cause an issue in this area?

roleli

This is seems to be a bandwidth issues. Pay attention to what @Harold has indicated. What is your upload speeds?

Note this:
Your "stable" bitrate is more likely about 70-75% of your "estimated" speed test upload (and that's only if you're not being throttled). If anything, a speed test will tell you the theoretical maximum speed that you could stream at under perfectly ideal conditions, but conditions are never perfect.