Question / Help livestream.com showing as offline?

grimsonknight

I set up livestream.com with the recommended settings. The maximum bitrate for livestream was 500 kb.

streaming service:
custom
FMS url:
rtmp://publish.livestream.com/mogulus/MYUSERNAME/username=MYUSERNAME/password=MYPASSWORD/isAutoLive=true
stream key:
livestream
I set the max video bitrate and buffer size to 500 and audio bitrate to 128. After that didn't work, I lowered it to 200 video bitrate and buffer.

When I start streaming, the maximum bitrate doesn't even break 300 kb. Streaming to twitchtv works perfectly fine with 2000kb / 4000 buffer video, so I'm not sure why livestream won't work for me.

Warchamp7

Forum Admin
Like you said, livestream limits bitrate to 500. The bitrate value shown in OBS is more an estimate than a totally accurate value

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Why are you using livestream anyway, out of curiosity? There should be much better alternatives out there for generic streaming that don't have bandwidth limits. Like justin.tv for example, or ustream. Probably even youtube.

As for your issue, I'm not entirely sure. I haven't done much testing on livestream. I have heard that it does work from multiple people, but I don't know what they did to set it up. Maybe someone who has used it here could help out.

grimsonknight

Warchamp7 said:
Like you said, livestream limits bitrate to 500. The bitrate value shown in OBS is more an estimate than a totally accurate value

Yea, I tried setting the video bitrate to 200 in the settings though. I still showed up as offline. I then also set the audio codec to mp3 and it still doesn't work.

Jim said:
Why are you using livestream anyway, out of curiosity? There should be much better alternatives out there for generic streaming that don't have bandwidth limits. Like justin.tv for example, or ustream. Probably even youtube.

As for your issue, I'm not entirely sure. I haven't done much testing on livestream. I have heard that it does work from multiple people, but I don't know what they did to set it up. Maybe someone who has used it here could help out.

I know. I stream my games on twitch.tv.
I want to stream some visual novels to my buddies, fate/stay night, etc. They use relatively low bandwidth since they have low bitrates and resolution.