Live Preview

Bensam123

I think an interesting option for diagnosing the health of your stream would be a live preview. Where you could see what the encoded output looks like based on your transmit bit rate. A local output would be similar to this, but that doesn't work while you're streaming and wouldn't take into account network congestion or dropped frames.

Bensam123

Being able to do it without wasting downstream bandwidth (bandwidth caps) and having it integrated into the client. Sometimes you want to be able to preview the end quality without streaming to a service as well. So you can do maintenance and work on improving your stream without inconveniencing your viewers.

Warchamp7

Forum Admin
If you want to test your stream quality only, you could always just test by recording to a file instead of outputting to a stream

Bensam123

Aye, I never said there weren't work arounds. Workarounds aren't the same as having something in a nicely polished box though. For instance you can't view a test file while streaming to other people and if you're just making test files that can have a impact on performance you may not be aware of due to your storage subsystem.

There are a few common scenarios where this would be a nice feature to have for diagnostic and maintenance purposes.

Warchamp7

Forum Admin
It would just be a lot of work for something that's so simply solved by just viewing your stream online or recording locally.

Bensam123

Yeah... you could do workarounds on a lot of things to save time, but that's not the same as having a nicely polished end product. I don't think this is something of high merit as far as prioritization goes, but it's definitely something that would be nice to have at some point.