Latest update messed up OBS for me and system is buffering

EM20

Hi!
Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Before the latest update for OBS, I was able to run OBS on my computer with no problem. However, the update changed things. The first issue was that NVENC wasn't recognized. I updated the driver, so I fixed that issue. The second issue deals with audio and video lagging, but I lowered the quality and more. It's still having that issue. The recording starts off fine, but a minute or so in the quality drops extremely. I'm using OBS to record videogames, but the game I'm currently trying to record barely has animation. I would like to stick with the graphics card in my computer, because the software drops a lot more on my computer. The graphics card is NVDIA GeForce GTX 1050 with Max-Q Design. I have redownloaded OBS and still running in same issue.
Thank you for any help!

Attachments

• 2022-03-22 11-39-58.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 140

Donster

Hi, I read others are encountering these

same issues. In the new version of OBS

it's given me nothing but problems. First

I had a terrible loud crackling in the mic,

when I spent hours to fix that I got a muted

audio for my MP3 player despite checking

all volumes in OBS, on Windows and in Focusrite. I reinstalled the Focusrite driver, and microphone driver, rebuilt and

tested the audio components in Sources in OBS

from scratch and it was perfect. I made sure to save changes. Then I shut down OBS for four hours and reopened it only to find another new problem...a really bad echo in the microphone.

So, OBS does NOT save the settings it took me many hours to out in place. I am at my wit's end and lost 1.5 weeks of streaming time on Twitch.

I did not have these issues on the previous version of OBS. I might add, I was forced to update to Windows 11 too...could OBS be incompatible with Windows 11?

PaiSand

The first issue was that NVENC wasn't recognized. I updated the driver, so I fixed that issue. The second issue deals with audio and video lagging, but I lowered the quality and more. It's still having that issue. The recording starts off fine, but a minute or so in the quality drops extremely...
Please, always use analize when you check for the log file (help menu)

Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.

EM20

Hi,
I think I got the right log now. It's been giving me a bit of trouble, still a bit new to OBS. I did do the analyze, but it didn't see any major issues.

Attachments

• 2022-03-22 09-54-48.txt
    15.7 KB · Views: 37

PaiSand

ok, for audio you should try the CoreAudio. It fixes most common issues with audio. Read the guide before installing anything.

For recording, it's recommended to use CQP between 15 and 23 (lower value is better), but as you have an nVidia 1050 I don't think it works that well on lower values, so try around 20.
Keyframe to 0
Max B-frames 4

Or use simple output mode and play with the Recording Quality until you find the sweet spot. This option is recommended if you only need 1 audio file.