Laggy Recorded Video till last update 30.1.1 [AMD HW H.264]

turk0gamer

Over an half year im recording game videos for youtube in 2k (1440p) with cbr 30.000kbp and 320 audiobitrate with the encoder amd hw h.264 and had no problems in turns of quality until this last update. [AMD Ryzen 9 5900x & 32MB RAM & AMD Rx6900xt]

Now the recorded video is laggy, it has FPS dropps or something. The vid is sometimes slow mo sometimes it is desync in audio etc.

I thaught ok i will made a downgrade and it would record as usual with no problems but before doing so i decided to change the encoder to x264 and voila again no problems with the vid.

So what chaged at the last update so the amd hw h.264 encoder doesnt work as the last 6 and more month? Has a last win.upadte changed a thing? But the prblem occured with last update of obs studio!?

(havent tested the downgrade & amd hw h.264 yet)

cmd67082

Over an half year im recording game videos for youtube in 2k (1440p) with cbr 30.000kbp and 320 audiobitrate with the encoder amd hw h.264 and had no problems in turns of quality until this last update. [AMD Ryzen 9 5900x & 32MB RAM & AMD Rx6900xt]

Now the recorded video is laggy, it has FPS dropps or something. The vid is sometimes slow mo sometimes it is desync in audio etc.

I thaught ok i will made a downgrade and it would record as usual with no problems but before doing so i decided to change the encoder to x264 and voila again no problems with the vid.

So what chaged at the last update so the amd hw h.264 encoder doesnt work as the last 6 and more month? Has a last win.upadte changed a thing? But the prblem occured with last update of obs studio!?

(havent tested the downgrade & amd hw h.264 yet)
I experienced the same issue with my AMD 6700XT card and OBS 30.1.1.

I made a post here: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/amd-h-264-encoder-is-very-laggy.174194/post-642584

My findings and suggestion is if you want to keep testing version 30.1.1 try using the AMD HW H.265 HEVC instead and it should give you those quality results the old H.264 used to do. Obviously getting the H.264 to work is still the goal.

turk0gamer

oh thx cmd then this thread can be closed i will follow that one. AND yes i agree getting the H.264 to work is the goal.