Question / Help Lag on video playback, no dropped frames

PhoenixSTS

Hi Everyone,

I've been having a problem that has been throwing me for a loop for a while, and I thought I would pose the question directly to the community here to try to get an answer. I have posted my log below for reference.

https://obsproject.com/logs/dx-pVOQ9lEc0U7Vs

Here's a synopsis of my problem:

I use game capture for both streaming and local recording. Whenever I record or stream my gameplay, I get great in-game performance and do not experience any dropped frames in OBS Studio (this is visible in the log link). However, on video playback, the video gets extremely choppy for a few seconds at a time and then smooths out. This happens frequently during recording or streaming, and does not seem to be tied to in game frame drops. Also, just to reiterate, this happens regardless of whether I'm streaming or recording locally.

I should also mention that this happened prior to the new NVENC updates as well... I've been troubleshooting this for a long time.

For reference, I am currently running Windows 10 build 17763, and the most recent NVIDIA drivers (425.31).

I am running my games in fullscreen. I use a dual monitor setup, with both monitors set to the same refresh rate (120 Hz) and resolution (1920x1080).

I went so far as to wipe my drive and reinstall Windows a while back to try to resolve this. Spoiler alert: it didn't help.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!