Lag In Recordings

Mantix

Hey there!
I've been trying to record with OBS for a while and there is a consistant issue with slight lag or choppyness in the video after it's done being recorded and it's driving me crazy! I have an Alienware Aurora R10 gaming PC and I just don't know what I am doing wrong. None of my PC's parts in the task manager go above 60%. The highest they go is the GPU and it only reaches 55% max. I run OBS as administrator and also use Audacity to record my commentary. The games I play are UNDERTALE, Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, Little Nightmares, Bendy and the Ink Machine, and Destroy All Humans. Here are the stats to my PC for reference:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

The settings I have for recording in OBS are these:
Recording Format: FLV
Encoder: Nvidia H.264 (new)
Rate Control: CQP
CQ Level: 14
Keyframe Intervals: 2
Preset: Quality
Profile: HIgh
GPU: 0
Max B-Frames: 2
finally Look ahead and Psycho Visual Tuning are both turned off

My last log file is this:

I just really do not know what I am doing wrong. Making videos is my favorite thing to do and now I can't do that and it's really bumming me out. Any advice or help with this would be massively appretiated!

DarthNox

Hey there!
I've been trying to record with OBS for a while and there is a consistant issue with slight lag or choppyness in the video after it's done being recorded and it's driving me crazy! I have an Alienware Aurora R10 gaming PC and I just don't know what I am doing wrong. None of my PC's parts in the task manager go above 60%. The highest they go is the GPU and it only reaches 55% max. I run OBS as administrator and also use Audacity to record my commentary. The games I play are UNDERTALE, Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, Little Nightmares, Bendy and the Ink Machine, and Destroy All Humans. Here are the stats to my PC for reference:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

The settings I have for recording in OBS are these:
Recording Format: FLV
Encoder: Nvidia H.264 (new)
Rate Control: CQP
CQ Level: 14
Keyframe Intervals: 2
Preset: Quality
Profile: HIgh
GPU: 0
Max B-Frames: 2
finally Look ahead and Psycho Visual Tuning are both turned off

My last log file is this:

I just really do not know what I am doing wrong. Making videos is my favorite thing to do and now I can't do that and it's really bumming me out. Any advice or help with this would be massively appretiated!
Certain games or applications will require OBS Studio to be run with elevated privileges (Administrator) in order to be captured. Running as administrator also improve OBS performance when gaming. To run as administrator, close OBS Studio, then simply right click the OBS Studio shortcut and select Run as administrator.

If that does not fix it completely you can try setting preset to Max Performance (there is no image quality difference between Quality and Max performance while using CQP, but it may increase file sizes slightly)