Lag in OBS to Zoom - Audio/Video not syncing to Zoom - Please help :)

KelsangChodor

Hi,

Please can anyone help?

I have a Logitech PTZ2 Pro camera as an input source and a microphone as an input source. The microphone input is off sync - and I have managed to fix it perfectly with altering the "sync" settings in the advanced settings for the microphone. However, this only makes the output recording sync perfectly - the live displayed screen capture does not sync at all no matter what value I set the sync to. Is there anyway I can make the sync settings so that the screen capture if also in sync - just like the recordings?

The reason I ask this is because I am outputting the sound and video to Zoom (using Virtual Cam and Virtual Audio Cable) - however, they are both not in sync - and not matter how I change the sync settings it doesn't effect the delay on the audio that it send to zoom. I set the output of the microphone in advanced settings to "monitor" and then in advanced settings - monitor device is set to Virtual Cable.

I hope I have stated my problem clearly and some kind person might have some advice for me,

Best wishes,

Christopher

FishBytes

I have had better luck with using the NDI virtual output/input to Zoom from OBS, that kept the audio video in sync for me, results seemed to be just as good if it was local machine or separate machines.

The downside just being that the Virtual Input needs to be restarted after each reboot, (don't forget to add the audio into the virtual input, we had to play with the audio levels to get it right in the NDI input).

Saliterman

I also have this problem when using an ASUS laptop (i7), but not with my ASUS desktop (i7). Could be the capture card (Magewell plus HDMI on the desktop) and simple HDMI to USB on the laptop. I should try switching. I wonder if there is some downsizing of the encoding task that might help the more limited laptop.