Keep dropping frames due to rendering lag?

Midgitwarrior

Hi all,
I have recently been getting frame drops due to rendering lag periodically in a stream but is very bad if I even attempt to open or do anything on a browser.
I have tried a previous version of OBS but the same still happens and I have updated my graphics drivers too, so I'm wondering if anyone knows or can help me fix this issue.

Here is the most recent log I have: https://obsproject.com/logs/vtP0sTjp3Nytmlh0

And this is for a dedicated streaming PC that I have been using for about 3 years without issue.

Any further questions please ask and I will try to answer as best I can

cyclemat

did you set in recording tab use same as stream encoder ?

and dont use
13:34:07.128: YUV mode: sRGB/Partial

Midgitwarrior

did you set in recording tab use same as stream encoder ?

and dont use
13:34:07.128: YUV mode: sRGB/Partial
No I have "advanced settings" but the encoder is the same and is also rescaled to the same resolution.
Also, what would you change the YUV mode to?

reactdnb

The same thing is happening to me. Same machine, same video card, same scenes and sources. I did the update and now I cannot stream.

I was having Major rendering lag yesterday, to the point that it was unusable. I tried multiple known good configurations with the setup to try to figure it out, but it continually rendered horrendously.

The symptoms were indictive of GPU overload, which is extremely weird, because all encoding was taking place on a dedicated card running at ~10% 3d and 30% encode.

Also very weird because even when using only my 1080 ti, for gaming and encoding, I never encountered render lag(used this for over a year, ~16 hrs/wk) even though my GPU would be 97-99%. I would incur a significant loss in game performance, when only using the 1 gpu. ~20-30 avg fps and more frequently had fps dip.

I have a 2 gpus system, which until yesterday worked amazingly well. They are both 10 series cards, so I wonder if that may be related to the issue.

Neopacket

I'm gunna go ahead and say my issue sounds very similar to everyone else here.... and i've not yet got it sorted out.... been working on it most of the night. Hope one of us gets it sorted soon. Mine started to die after this latest update as well though im on a single PC setup with a 2080.

PaiSand

Hi all,
I have recently been getting frame drops due to rendering lag periodically in a stream but is very bad if I even attempt to open or do anything on a browser.
I have tried a previous version of OBS but the same still happens and I have updated my graphics drivers too, so I'm wondering if anyone knows or can help me fix this issue.

Here is the most recent log I have: https://obsproject.com/logs/vtP0sTjp3Nytmlh0

And this is for a dedicated streaming PC that I have been using for about 3 years without issue.

Any further questions please ask and I will try to answer as best I can

Please check the analyzer

DayGeckoArt

I just discovered a couple of weird Windowsn "features" that could interfere with the GPU and seem to turn themselves on and off randomly. So try disabling them... GPU Hardware Scheduling and Xbox Game Bar

I've had good results with my 10 series cards and using gpu hardware scheduling, but on my system with a 3050, gpu hardware scheduling was impacting Nvidia broadcast negatively. I don't believe my issue is related to that setting because it is disabled on all my machines at the moment.

I usually have game bar disabled, but Microsoft does like to turn their jank apps back on without your consent. I'll check tonight. Although, I just got my live gamer 4k (Avermedia) in yesterday, so I'm gonna mostly play with that tonight.

Oh fun fact, mixing 10 series and 30 series in one PC, disables all the 30 series features. Took me 3 weeks to figure out it was an Nvidia driver thing.

DayGeckoArt

I've had good results with my 10 series cards and using gpu hardware scheduling, but on my system with a 3050, gpu hardware scheduling was impacting Nvidia broadcast negatively. I don't believe my issue is related to that setting because it is disabled on all my machines at the moment.

I usually have game bar disabled, but Microsoft does like to turn their jank apps back on without your consent. I'll check tonight. Although, I just got my live gamer 4k (Avermedia) in yesterday, so I'm gonna mostly play with that tonight.

Oh fun fact, mixing 10 series and 30 series in one PC, disables all the 30 series features. Took me 3 weeks to figure out it was an Nvidia driver thing.

What 30 series features does it disable?