Jumpy stream but no dropped frames

jiveaces

I have scoured the internet for this problem and found a few people with similar issues but no solution yet. I have been streaming every day for the past 145 days with my band. We have a Sony A7III into an Elgato Camlink 4K into a macbook pro (2017).

It has been generally fine apart from a few issues, all of which I have managed to resolve, sometimes with just a reboot of the computer.

The past two days I have had a stuttering image but not due to dropped frames. The internet connection is solid, 70 mpbs upload speed and I have tried dropping the waulity of the stream just in case but it din't help.

We usually do about an hour long show and ach of the past two nights the jumpiness calmed down a bit towards the end of the show so it was not as noticable but still there.

I tried changing from the default x264 encoder to the Apple VTH264 Hardware encoder but this did not help either.

Luckily my audio is OK as I am taking that from our sound desk into a Focusright Scarlet so no problems with that.

If anyone can help shine a light on this and how to fix it I would be eternally grateful!

I have attached the log files I found. this is my first post in the forum so please let me know if I have missed something out.

Attachments

• 2020-08-07 14-01-07.txt
    32.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 2020-08-07 19-48-30.txt
    31.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 2020-08-07 19-52-53.txt
    47.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 2020-08-07 21-50-54.txt
    42.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 2020-08-07 23-06-14.txt
    39.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 2020-08-08 19-45-56.txt
    30.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 2020-08-08 19-49-13.txt
    38.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 2020-08-08 20-16-28.txt
    33.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 2020-08-08 20-21-07.txt
    28.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 2020-08-08 20-25-19.txt
    35.2 KB · Views: 14

jiveaces

[UPDATE]

I did a test today with my webcam only (not the Sony A7III via the Elgato Camlink) and I had the same problem. I tried both through Castr.io and to Facebook directly and same problem.

The tech support from Castr suggested clearing the cache of the browser (chrome), restarting and trying new stream which I did and that now seems to have fixed the problem. I put all my settings back to the recommended ones now and it seems to be smooth sailing. Fingers crossed for Episode 146 tonight!

jiveaces

I have scoured the internet for this problem and found a few people with similar issues but no solution yet. I have been streaming every day for the past 145 days with my band. We have a Sony A7III into an Elgato Camlink 4K into a macbook pro (2017).

It has been generally fine apart from a few issues, all of which I have managed to resolve, sometimes with just a reboot of the computer.

The past two days I have had a stuttering image but not due to dropped frames. The internet connection is solid, 70 mpbs upload speed and I have tried dropping the waulity of the stream just in case but it din't help.

We usually do about an hour long show and ach of the past two nights the jumpiness calmed down a bit towards the end of the show so it was not as noticable but still there.

I tried changing from the default x264 encoder to the Apple VTH264 Hardware encoder but this did not help either.

Luckily my audio is OK as I am taking that from our sound desk into a Focusright Scarlet so no problems with that.

If anyone can help shine a light on this and how to fix it I would be eternally grateful!

I have attached the log files I found. this is my first post in the forum so please let me know if I have missed something out.
Ok further upate: having thought I had fixed the problem with the browser cache clearance that I went ahead with our stream. It was absolute horse poop. Worse stuttering and then started freezing for long periods, moving suddenly and then freezing again. YouTube was even saying that it wasn’t getting enough frames to continue streaming. They were no dropped frames but I did notice my cpu going up to 45-50% range consistently throughout these am which is a lot higher than t was previously. This problem has only been going on for three days. I have done 145 streams on the same system with nothing like this problem.