I've clicked on stop recording then after a couple of minutes clicked on stopping recording.

ali3bdelhady

I've clicked on stop recording then after a couple of minutes clicked on stopping recording.
is there any way to restore the unsaved record I'm recording in .mkv and here is the log file

Attachments

• 2022-01-01 10-33-41.txt
    13.8 KB · Views: 23

konsolenritter

Isn't there the .mkv file then?

If yes, you can still remux it by using the top left menu within OBS.
If not, there is a "false solace": Your log implies that 70% of all frames in the video got lost already due to encoding lag. So the video - if present - wouldn't mean any pleasure to you.

Did you tested the recording process in advance to the (really important?) recording?

ali3bdelhady

Isn't there the .mkv file then?

If yes, you can still remux it by using the top left menu within OBS.
If not, there is a "false solace": Your log implies that 70% of all frames in the video got lost already due to encoding lag. So the video - if present - wouldn't mean any pleasure to you.

Did you tested the recording process in advance to the (really important?) recording?
i have the .mkv file but it is only 1:37.
no, i did't test any thing

konsolenritter

Try to remux it to mp4 as advised. If the outcome is not more than 1:37 then, there is no more material, i fear.

Lesson to learn: For every _important_ recording it is _important_ to have a test before. You would have seen then that your machine is quite overloaded with this task, loosing alot of frames on the way during encoding lag...

U-model cpu type of older generation and the graphics isn't really helping, too.

koala

You severely overloaded your system - 72% skipped frames due to encoder overload. You will not find any more than the first few seconds (or minutes) of the recording, the rest is gone because your machine isn't powerful enough to keep up.