Issues with Window Capture & the Webcam

Hi, everyone. I have been using a capture card to record gameplay from my Swittch and PS5 and whenever I do my cam shows up just fine. Today, for the first time, I tried to use window capture. The window showed up just fine in OBS, perfect quality, but my cam would not show up whenever I was using the window capture. If I closed the window and went back to OBS it would, obviously, say "no signal" but my cam would be back up and working fine. I don't know why this is. Do you need a special setting to have your cam show up with window capture? I already went through my camera privacy settings and that's all peachy keen. I also do not think that OBS was detecting any of the window's audio so that one as well is something I do not understand. Can anyone help?

Log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/2ldXVN5rncjBVOOb

So I just tried doing the same thing but this time with game capture using the actual game application and the same issue. The game showed up fine, but my webcam did not show up at all.

qhobbes

I can't duplicate. Try the following:
1. The Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling ("HAGS") feature in Windows is currently known to cause performance and capture issues with OBS, games and overlay tools. It's an experimental feature and we recommend disabling it via these instructions.
2. Run OBS as Administrator. Right click on the OBS shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
3. Create a new scene collection and try to add window and then cam.

If still happening, does this happen with your Virtual Camera, HD60 X or both?

1. The Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling ("HAGS") feature in Windows is currently known to cause performance and capture issues with OBS, games and overlay tools. It's an experimental feature and we recommend disabling it via these instructions.
2. Run OBS as Administrator. Right click on the OBS shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.

I greatly appreciate your reply, and I am sorry for mine being delayed. I am still troubleshooting, and have disabled the HAGS feature. Before I started to try the other two options you provided I wanted to add an interesting detail. I went back into OBS to troubleshoot after doing the first step, and when I added the window it appeared like this rather than full screen which it has not done before. Not a big deal as I can adjust the size. However, when I drag to make it bigger it actually covers up my camera rather than my camera appearing on top of it. Could this be the problem and it is solvable? I will still try the other two options as well. Thank you.
1717539165414.png

On top of this I am having a completely separate issue now. When I capture gameplay via the Game Capture source it is now only capturing the corner of the screen. I have attached another screenshot to show what it looks like on playback.

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    925.4 KB · Views: 38

Ok, so step 3 completely solved the cam issue. I really appreciate that! I'm very new to all of this so I apologize for my ignorance. Now I just have the new issue. Should I try it again and upload a new log file?