Question / Help Issue with obs.live high in game fps low fps OBS

argual

Right, so I know this is a recurring issue with a lot of users and I have gone through so many posts to try and solve this issue because I have been streaming for a while and never changed settings and it just suddenly started, unless it means my GPU is dying (I sincerely hope not) I don't know what to do or how to solve this issue,

here is an log report https://obsproject.com/logs/pVqC0Zqwl_s4ZGg_
yes it does seem to be very long I am sorry, I kept on fiddling with settings trying to fix stuff but no luck so I am hoping someone here can help? the thing is I know what the issue in the sense that my GPU is being bottle necked and using so much power but I don't know why it is all of a sudden starting to be an issue
Yes, I have turned on vsync in games and lowered graphical options on my games

I never wanted to make this post but I just am fed up and want some other peoples perspective and something I may not have seen

Narcogen

14:29:17.062: Windows Version: 10.0 Build 17134 (revision: 766; 64-bit)

Windows is out of date and Game Mode is on, which reduces OBS performance. You need to update Windows.

Narcogen

16:35:40.641: Output 'simple_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 666 (7.0%)
16:35:40.642: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 706/9455 (7.5%)

You're also getting about as much encoding lag as rendering lag, so maybe your GPU is failing? The Windows update should address your rendering lag, but not your encoding lag issue.

argual

16:35:40.641: Output 'simple_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 666 (7.0%)
16:35:40.642: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 706/9455 (7.5%)

You're also getting about as much encoding lag as rendering lag, so maybe your GPU is failing? The Windows update should address your rendering lag, but not your encoding lag issue.

Yeah I did update Windows and turn off game mode, but I'm not sure if that was before or after the logs, i have a feeling it might be my gpu failing (I really hope that isn't the case) not sure if there are actually any ways to tell, but I donwloaded something which turns off my game mode as there actually no disable or enable toggle on my settings

argual

If you can't toggle game mode, Windows is out of date.
Hmmm that's odd because I did update Windows and still not toggle, I'll check if there are any more updates when I get home, but I'm just stumped as to how it was fine then suddenly went to being bad

argual

If your logfiles still say this:

14:29:17.062: Windows Version: 10.0 Build 17134 (revision: 766; 64-bit)

Then Windows is out of date. That build is from spring 2018; it is also called version 1803.

Current version is 1903, and the issue with Game Mode degrading OBS performance was addressed in 1809, in October 2018.

https://pureinfotech.com/windows-10-version-release-history/
Ah okay, I did update after this log, the way I did it was click the check for updates button and it updated (didn't take long) but is there a way to download the latest without using the check for update button ?