Is this even possible?

GodPleaseHelpMe

I dont even know how to explain this please bare with me.

I have a Rybozen 4k capture card that I use with OBS for recording game console footage.
My laptop doesn't have a microphone jack, so to use my external mic, I plug it directly into the capture card's mic jack.
In OBS my CC and my Mic are the same audio source, if there's a way to separate them then idk how.
I want to apply filters to my mic, but when i do that it also affects the game audio from the capture card.
How can I apply mic filters, without changing the sound of my game audio?

koala

How can I apply mic filters, without changing the sound of my game audio?
You need separate sources for mic and game audio to be able to apply filters to one but not to the other.
You already found out that if you plug in your mic into the capture device, mic audio is mixed with game audio and not separate any more.
So you cannot plug your mic into the capture device but directly ínto your computer. This way it will appear as separate audio device, thus separate audio sources in OBS, so you're able to apply filters separately.
If you computer doesn't have an mic jack (extremely unlikely for a laptop), you can get an USB mic and plug your mic into some USB jack. I guess there are also external USB sound cards with mic jacks, so you can connect your jack with these.