Bug Report Is this a bug? Or intended. Hiding/Unhiding sources in GROUPS updates both preview AND program in studio mode.

Basically the title. Most people know that in studio mode, if you change something in your scene, it wont update in the main program output until you transition to update it. This allows you to change the music, change some text, change what's being captured, etc, without needing to show all that messy editing happening on stream, or using 2 almost identical scenes as a workaround. You can just change what you need to change, hit your transition button, and boom everything updates and is just dandy. But for sources that are inside groups, this is not the case. When you hide or unhide a video, image, text, or anything, it updates instantly on the main program output as well as the preview. (Hiding the entire group still works as normal tho)

This seems unintended but I personally have no idea. This is quite annoying for me, as I like to have about 20 different background videos inside a group, then I like to hide one, then unhide another one, press my 500ms transition hotkey, and watch a nice crossfade between the 2 background videos without anything else in the scene changing. But in order to do that, I need to have all of them outside a group which can make my complex scenes get quite cluttered. I have groups with tons of text elements, groups with tons of video elements, and if the hide/unhide behavior was consistent both inside and outside groups for studio mode, this would be very nice.

I'm running OBS studio 24.0.3 64 Bit on Windows 10 Pro, and I updated my windows very recently.

ander2300

I have exactly the same problem. Is there a way to fix it? Any plugin that does the same but correctly?

EduardoFerreira

Im experiencing the same problem, I just had some itens in preview showing up in the program but didnt knew what was happening. Just found out that it ocurs only in groups and found this topic. It is surely a bug that need to be fixed, please :(

RAF687

I'm facing the same issue here! It took me a while to understand why my scenes were changing in the output. Any help on how to fix it would be more than welcome!

RAF687

I believe I've found a solution to this issue:

Apparently, this isn't a bug since all you need to do is to click in that cog between your Preview and Live and check the 'Duplicate Source' when in Studio Mode

Anotação 2020-07-10 194018.png

Now when you change something in a scene that is both in your preview and live screens, the alteration will only occur in the preview.

=)

Linksup

This fix did not work for a a stand alone Text (GDI+) box where the source is from a file. In Studio mode, if the file is modified and then saved, the Preview and Program windows both update. I wish it did not do that!

Windows 10
OBS 27.1.3

Nightwing114

I believe I've found a solution to this issue:

Apparently, this isn't a bug since all you need to do is to click in that cog between your Preview and Live and check the 'Duplicate Source' when in Studio Mode

View attachment 58672

Now when you change something in a scene that is both in your preview and live screens, the alteration will only occur in the preview.

=)

You are a lifesaver