Is there any way to separate the game audio from the system sound?

hanistar

Desktop audio is recorded without filtration because it exposes all sound output from the PC. Is there any way to extract only audio sources for games like Windows Game Capture?
Thank you.

- I Used Translator -

데스크탑 오디오는 PC에서 출력되는 모든 소리가 노출되기 때문에 경고음도 여과없이 녹음됩니다. Windows Game Capture처럼 게임의 오디오 소스만 추출하는 방법은 없습니까?
감사합니다.

FerretBomb

Windows audio works on a device basis, not per-program.
You can use something like VB Audio VAC, or Voicemeeter to set up virtual audio devices, then configure your game to play to those.

Google "exclude audio OBS" and there are many tutorials.

hanistar

Thank you guys

Disable windows sounds or mute them within the windows sound mixer.
Another way would be to route gaming audio to another sound output device.

I guess The first method is not only applied to OBS, it's a shame.

Windows audio works on a device basis, not per-program.
You can use something like VB Audio VAC, or Voicemeeter to set up virtual audio devices, then configure your game to play to those.

Google "exclude audio OBS" and there are many tutorials.

Is it possible to import only game audio sources into the virtual device?
acutally, I don't like virtual device. I installed VB last time. but my pc had problem. so I re-install Windows.
but if you say "Yes" I will try again.

koala

To extract the desired sources from the mix of general desktop audio is a common task. You need to "split" audio - that's the term used in the linked guides.

In general, it works like this: you install a virtual audio device and configure the app you want to record to output its sound not to the default device but to that virtual audio device. In OBS, you record that virtual audio device. These guides all deal with separating audio with different focus:

hanistar

To extract the desired sources from the mix of general desktop audio is a common task. You need to "split" audio - that's the term used in the linked guides.

In general, it works like this: you install a virtual audio device and configure the app you want to record to output its sound not to the default device but to that virtual audio device. In OBS, you record that virtual audio device. These guides all deal with separating audio with different focus:

OMG! I will try slowly. I appreciate it! Thank you :D

nemi_shi

[...]
[...]
hi! I need to separate (delete) audio from my zoom calls when i recording a video with OBS. I can't read the post "/how-to-split-exclude-seperate-audio-sources-off-your-stream-or-recording" because i don't have permissions. Someone can help me?
(sorry for my bad english çç)