Question / Help Is there a way to use OBS with GotoMeeting?

Vector330ix

I would like to use the power of gotomeeting and select the OBS as the "camera" is there any way to do this?

We have currently subscribed for a year of service with gotomeeting for our church. I want to use OBS because gotomeeting has no easy way to switch cameras or to switch to the Media (video/pictures/etc)

Thanks for your help.

John Gtz

I was wondering the same. Did you guys ever found out if you could actually do this? Asking the GoTo team ?

I would like to use it with GoToWebinar but haven't found anything.

GespenstMkII

So Yes you can, but you need multiple monitors. (not sure if you need 2 or 3 though. I think 3 is the minimum, 1 for OBS to be on (unless you don't care about them seeing OBS) where you'll do your screen switching, 1 for OBS to broadcast the preview image to, and 1 to show whatever you're presenting.)
What you can do is you right click on the "preview" in OBS and tell it to put the full Screen Preview on another monitor... and then have a Desktop Capture setup to capture the monitor the preview is being put on. Then when you switch scenes in OBS, it will show the preview of that on the preview monitor

If you share the image preview monitor on gotomeeting, it should let you switch through scenes easily.

Last edited:

kmpoppe

So, just if someone looks for the exact same thing and came here via Google (like me):
There's a plugin called OBS-VirtualCam (https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-virtualcam.539/) ... This allows you to output the Programstream as a virtual camera device, that you can feed back into GotoMeeting. So, if you nowadays build a scene that muxxes a program window (like PowerPoint) and your camera, you could even have OBS on the same screen :-)
HTH.
// Kai

pankhi

Hi I tried to capture Gotowebinar using window capture in obs but I am getting blank screen. Please help me with the settings.