Is multiple chroma key possible?

gdh_gdh

Hi all - I have a single video camera source and I want to replace:

- all GREEN with Source A
- all ORANGE with Source B

I've tried a bunch of things, including using the 'Source Mirror' from StreamFX to try to create a 'hierarchy' of replaced sources + filters, but I can only ever get one of the two replacements working at any time.

Have I missed an obvious step? I can't find anything useful by searching on the forums :(

gdh_gdh

Nope, all in the same scene - e.g. I'm using a physical green screen background being replaced with some video as I've done for months, but say I want to wear an orange T-shirt and have that replaced with a completely different video source.

Nocturnal Lunacy

lol just make 2 chroma keys with those colors as the chroma colors. it doesnt limit you. theres also color key too. the slider will determine how strong the color matching is.

WBE

lol just make 2 chroma keys with those colors as the chroma colors. it doesnt limit you. theres also color key too.

This won't solve the OP's request. Chroma Key and Color Key themselves do not replace anything, they just make transparent for the underlying video to appear. So one needs two backgrounds images/video's underneath the video camera source. The normal one to replace green. For the second background, the one to replace orange, one has to have a kind of masking to have everything that's outside the orange T-shirt hidden, so the green replacing background is visible there.

FerretBomb

You can just run a nested scene.
In scene 1, chromakey green on your original source and have the replacement content for green layered behind it.
In scene 2, add scene 1 as a source and a chromakey filter for orange, with the replacement for orange layered behind it.

The only problem would be if the replacement content has green/orange in it. In that case you might need to play around with which one is layered in first.

For advanced setups, you MIGHT be able to do a cleaner layout using source duplicators, then chromakeying, running each of them through a Color Correction filter to desaturate and alter the levels to provide sharp black and white, then apply that processed b/w source as an Image Mask to the replacement content individually, and finally layer those masked sources over the top of the original to re-composite without losing green/orange in the replacement content.
NOT simple, and something the end user would have to play with at each stage to get working right.
Putting together OBS effects is a little like playing with Lego, or doing shell scripting. Stacking and plugging tools together the right way to do what you want in the end.

koala

You can use groups to group sources and apply filters to groups. Groups can also be used to apply different filters to additional instances of the same source such as one webcam: put an instance of a source into a group and apply the filter to the group instead of directly to the source, so the filter is uncoupled from other instances of the source.
Unfortunately, it's not possible to nest groups, but you can create scenes and include scenes as a source to make such nesting.

gdh_gdh

You can just run a nested scene.
In scene 1, chromakey green on your original source and have the replacement content for green layered behind it.
In scene 2, add scene 1 as a source and a chromakey filter for orange, with the replacement for orange layered behind it.

That was it! I had _no_ idea it was possible to nest a scene like that, and it works perfectly! Thank you!

Nocturnal Lunacy

This won't solve the OP's request. Chroma Key and Color Key themselves do not replace anything, they just make transparent for the underlying video to appear. So one needs two backgrounds images/video's underneath the video camera source. The normal one to replace green. For the second background, the one to replace orange, one has to have a kind of masking to have everything that's outside the orange T-shirt hidden, so the green replacing background is visible there.
Oh okay I thought op was referring to 2 diff items needing chroma key.