Resource icon

OBS Lua Instant Replay Vlc 1.3

landsharkian

Hi, thank you! Ive been fiddling around with the instant replay feature and its a pain. I appreciate your mods to the script. I'm running obs 20.0.1, and I still cant get my replay to find my latest replay and play it, I get one directory filling up with new clips, yet my replay plays the same old one.. Also with your new script its only playing the replay if I switch to a different scene, then BACK to my first scene.. any ideas? Can you possibly add a function to move "played" replays to a different location so we can keep the current replay directory clean with just one replay ready to go? play it... then move it to be saved for a "highlight" reel later?

I3ordo

Instead of showing the replay, can you code it so it adds the video file to a VLC list so it can play them one after another once switched to that scene? better yet, we can have two lists, one for fails one for awesomeness

Cwarfighter

Hey there! I've been enjoying your plugin for a short while, but the VLC replay has stopped functioning properly, even though I haven't changed any settings. Now, the VLC replay feature does not update the directory with newly saved replays until after I've closed OBS and restarted. Not sure what happened.

I am running OBS in admin mode, as I was before. My setting have been set to 1000m/s and 5 attempts(though I have tried changing these, no outcome). I have played with the properties in the VLC Source as well, no fix was found there. New files are appearing in the folder while streaming, but it is not updating into the directory for use during that stream. The standard replay is still functioning properly

HitsugaXIII

Hey there! I've been enjoying your plugin for a short while, but the VLC replay has stopped functioning properly, even though I haven't changed any settings. Now, the VLC replay feature does not update the directory with newly saved replays until after I've closed OBS and restarted. Not sure what happened.

I am running OBS in admin mode, as I was before. My setting have been set to 1000m/s and 5 attempts(though I have tried changing these, no outcome). I have played with the properties in the VLC Source as well, no fix was found there. New files are appearing in the folder while streaming, but it is not updating into the directory for use during that stream. The standard replay is still functioning properly
I can second this

eskoONE

i have the same issue as the last two posts. is this something that can be fixed manually? would appreciate any suggestions.

edit:
im particularly interested in the replay function with the vlc player, so i can analyze the last 20 seconds of the footage on a button press.

Last edited:

RustedBucket

Instead of showing the replay, can you code it so it adds the video file to a VLC list so it can play them one after another once switched to that scene? better yet, we can have two lists, one for fails one for awesomeness
I second this, i'm currently using another of @Exeldro plugins that watches for directory updates and then just plays the newest one (as the replay plugin uses wayyy to much RAM compared to the one built into obs). It would be great if this plugin could just watch a directory and update a VLC Video Source playlist automatically with every new file added to that directory, and then if files get deleted from the directory it would remove them from the VLC playlist etc etc. Cheers I hope this can happen!