Ingest connect failed with: Failed to get an ip address for the specified ingest (DNS lookup failure) (4)

IITHEROUGEII

Hello Everyone,

I am currently trying to get OBS working using YouNow and I am unable to as I get the following error every time when attempting to connect.

Ingest connect failed with: Failed to get an ip address for the specified ingest (DNS lookup failure) (4)

I will also attach the full log file but I am unable to find any similar errors to this. keep in mind I am attempting to stream off my work laptop which does have certain firewalls setup (the two options I have when I try to connect are my local systems IP address and then a MAC address too?)

Im at my witts end with this as Ive tried so many different options to try and fix this but to no avail.

Attachments

• DODO.txt
    915.8 KB · Views: 29

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Looks like your DNS server can't resolve it for some reason or it might be caused by McAfee. Try switching DNS servers or uninstalling McAfee, or pick a different server (FTL support is about to be removed from OBS).

IITHEROUGEII

Would you say its exclusively McAfee? I disabled it and tried to run it again and I got the same error.

Could it be something to do with my companies IP internal routing systems that they have in place on my laptop itself? Its a very bizzare issue as I can stream normally using the app itself but then OBS just wont connect.

IITHEROUGEII

Okay, weirdly enough I tried streaming on twitch and worked without a hitch? Im not a networking expert but what do you reckon caused that? maybe something to do with YouNows servers being in some blacklist within my PCs security?

NayzZAK

Same Problem here

11:21:04.737: [ftl stream: 'adv_stream'] init_connect
11:21:05.420: younow_get_ingest: curl_easy_perform() returned code: 404
11:21:05.422: [ftl stream: 'adv_stream'] Connecting to FTL Ingest URL https://signaling-api.younow-prod.video.propsproject.com/api/v1/ingest/server/...
11:21:05.422: [ftl stream: 'adv_stream'] Ingest connect failed with: Failed to get an ip address for the specified ingest (DNS lookup failure) (4)
11:21:05.423: [ftl stream: 'adv_stream'] Connection to https://signaling-api.younow-prod.video.propsproject.com/api/v1/ingest/server/ failed: -2
11:21:05.423: ==== Streaming Stop ================================================
11:21:11.487: younow_get_ingest: curl_easy_perform() returned code: 404
11:21:11.528: [qsv encoder: 'streaming_h264'] settings:

I contacted Younow team but they didn't solve the problem

NayzZAK

Hello Everyone,

I am currently trying to get OBS working using YouNow and I am unable to as I get the following error every time when attempting to connect.

I will also attach the full log file but I am unable to find any similar errors to this. keep in mind I am attempting to stream off my work laptop which does have certain firewalls setup (the two options I have when I try to connect are my local systems IP address and then a MAC address too?)

Im at my witts end with this as Ive tried so many different options to try and fix this but to no avail.

Attachments

• 2021-04-22 11-20-27.txt
    20.4 KB · Views: 13