Resource icon

InfoWriter v2.3

Quadstrike

can we get a hotkey for the "stop"? maybe an option to toggle? because i currently am trying to set this up so i can make it start/stop timestamp when i start/stop recording by simply using the same hotkey, but i need to completely close OBS for it to make a stop mark, am i missing something?

their doesn't need to be a fancy implimentation atm for knowing when you start/stop streaming, make a bind for start and stop log and bind those to the start and stop streaming button, if they have to be seperate, to avoid toggle sync problems (log starts whne stream stops) i'd much rather that than closing OBS just to stop it, because i don't only use obs for streaming, i use it as a recording program and would love to use this plugin effectivly :)

and ofcourse you would have the current bind to make your "bookmarks"

in short. add entry for start and stop logs in hotkey list please

Isegrim

can we get a hotkey for the "stop"? maybe an option to toggle? because i currently am trying to set this up so i can make it start/stop timestamp when i start/stop recording by simply using the same hotkey, but i need to completely close OBS for it to make a stop mark, am i missing something?
If i understood correctly, the infowriter plugin will eventually take the uptime as a reference for timestamps just like OBSinfo did.

Vit@min

I 2nd the question.
Would be nice if the timer would start counting in background as soon as the livestream starts.

Isegrim

I 2nd the question.
Would be nice if the timer would start counting in background as soon as the livestream starts.

How do you make it so that the timer starts when I start streaming?

I noticed there's a bug in the start/stop timestamp (minutes are incorrect), but I'm in the middle of doing 64 bit changes so I'm not sure when I can update.

I'm also hoping some changes are implemented into obs-studio to give me information about when the user starts or stops the recording or stream, and this annoying logfile selection.

tbc soon I hope

partouf

I submitted code for this to Github back in February, but was rejected and forgotten ever since. I'm guessing a hotkey for stopping is the only way to get this to work. I'll get on it.

partouf

partouf updated InfoWriter with a new update entry:

Auto start/stop

DLL provided is x64 only and requires OBS-Studio v0.16.1 or later.

New features:
  • Automatically start and stop logging when Start/stop stream/recording is initiated from OBS-Studio
  • Removed Stop hotkey, it is no longer needed
  • Logs an extra timestamp message when the current Scene has changed
Example output:
Code:
START RECORDING @ 2016-09-29 19:58:36
0:00:11 - Scene changed
0:00:18
0:00:27
0:00:32
0:00:42 - Scene changed
0:00:45
STOP RECORDING @ 2016-09-29 19:59:50

Read the rest of this update entry...

bradjensen68

Would it be possible to add custom timestamp messages in a future version and attach them to hotkeys? E. g. "start interview", "stop interview", "said something important" etc.

partouf

Would it be possible to add custom timestamp messages in a future version and attach them to hotkeys? E. g. "start interview", "stop interview", "said something important" etc.
Possibly, though it will probably be confusing to setup, because the hotkeys are separated in OBS by design. But I will have a stab at it soon.

partouf

Why did you only build the 64-bit version of the plugin and not a 32-bit version as well?
Mostly because it's hell to build OBS to link against and test the plugin. If I'm sure I won't prefer to stab myself in the chest when building Obs, I will try to set something up to build both. Heck, maybe I'll even attempt a Linux build.

Don't get your hopes up though.

Sorry.

Harold

Given the hardware compatibility differences (32-bit is actually more compatible with capture cards etc) I'm sort of surprised you went 64-bit first.

partouf

partouf updated InfoWriter with a new update entry:

Scene names, 5 Customizable hotkeys, 32 bits version

Added in this release are:

• Scene changes now mention the new scene name
  • 4 extra hotkeys are added, the descriptions are customizable from the source options
  • Included a 32 bit version

Example of new textfile output:
Code:
START RECORDING @ 2017-01-02 15:37:05
0:00:05 - Scene changed to Scene 2
0:00:08 - Scene changed to Scene 3
0:00:11 - Hotkey 3 was pressed
0:00:12 - Hotkey 2 was pressed
0:00:14 - Hotkey 4 was pressed
0:00:20 - Scene changed to Scene 2
STOP...

Read the rest of this update entry...