Resource icon

InfoWriter v2.3

partouf

partouf submitted a new resource:

InfoWriter - Logs timestamps during the current stream/recording when pressing a hotkey

A remake of the ObsInfoPlugin (https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obsinfoplugin.172/) for obs-studio.

Currently only a Win32 build available.

Installation
  1. Place the dll in your \obs-studio\obs-plugins\32bit folder.
  2. Add the InfoWriter Source to 1 scene (the scene doesn't have to be always active).
  3. Configure the Source and select the textfile where you want the timestamps to be written to.
  4. Set the hotkey you want to use in File -> Settings ->...

Read more about this resource...

DarkFaith

I've been wanting a version of ObsInfoPlugin for the multiplatform version for so long. Thank you so much! Unfortunately when I start OBS with the DLL file it says MSVCP140D.dll is missing from my computer. I know it's a visual package that I'm missing but I do not know which one. Any guidance? I don't want to resort to downloading dll files directly one after the other until the program launches correctly

partouf

I've been wanting a version of ObsInfoPlugin for the multiplatform version for so long. Thank you so much! Unfortunately when I start OBS with the DLL file it says MSVCP140D.dll is missing from my computer. I know it's a visual package that I'm missing but I do not know which one. Any guidance? I don't want to resort to downloading dll files directly one after the other until the program launches correctly
Oh I messed up. Thanks for letting me know. Rebuilt the library now using the same runtime OBS uses, so you shouldn't be getting a missing DLL message this time.

DarkFaith

Wow. Thanks so much man. You're great!
I'm a java/netbeans guy and loved this feature so much. I was going to write a similar future using twitch API (stream start time) and a globalhotkey hack in java for timestamps.

That or go back to the windows only OBS (and I really don't want to now that there are scene transitions and studio mode)

DarkFaith

This version is even better for me than OBSInfoPlugin because the starting time stamp is only when you press the hotkey for the first time after launching. Has a full date timestamp (which will match the date of my recording) and doesn't write a "start" stamp just when I want to preview everything (other obs has to click-to-preview).

partouf

I noticed there's a bug in the start/stop timestamp (minutes are incorrect), but I'm in the middle of doing 64 bit changes so I'm not sure when I can update.

I'm also hoping some changes are implemented into obs-studio to give me information about when the user starts or stops the recording or stream, and this annoying logfile selection.

tbc soon I hope

I hope to see a Linux port of this plugin in the future. This would have helped me so much when I was streaming from a conference to have an easy way to tag points of big interest.

DarkFaith

Since the timestamps are usually associated with the recording, would it be possible to just run a watch thread in the folder where recordings are stored and start the timer timestamp when a new file is created in that folder?

I noticed there's a bug in the start/stop timestamp (minutes are incorrect), but I'm in the middle of doing 64 bit changes so I'm not sure when I can update.

I'm also hoping some changes are implemented into obs-studio to give me information about when the user starts or stops the recording or stream, and this annoying logfile selection.

tbc soon I hope

Hopefully this feature gets implemented soon https://obsproject.com/mantis/view.php?id=432. This would help you out and perhaps many more. I know that there is a android app that a friend is waiting to build for me when it is implemented

Isador

Can someone explain this? In current version ofs OBS 0.13.2
  1. Add the InfoWriter Source to 1 scene (the scene doesn't have to be always active).
  2. Configure the Source and select the textfile where you want the timestamps to be written to.
  3. Set the hotkey you want to use in File -> Settings -> Hotkey
I dont understand it :(
I did only the first step but i do not know how to proceed.

Isegrim

Are we going to get any updates on this? I was really excited to see a plugin like this but with the incorrect time being displayed it's unusable.

mantazzo

The 64-bit build only shows up if you launch OBS Studio directly from 64-bit folder (C:/Program Files (x86)/obs-studio/bin/64bit/obs64.exe). At least for me, the shortcut always launches 32-bit, even if I have 64-bit installed.