Question / Help Im at my Wits End. Frame Drop Problem.

PyroCamera

Ok, I seriously can't figure this out. It was working fine before I updated my graphics card driver to 417.71.
now everytime I stream it won't stop dropping frames. I have tried everything in the Universal Post and still no dice. Different servers, different bitrates. it doesn't matter what bitrate I use either, it all drops. Again, it was working 100% fine until I did that update and im seriously wondering if Nvidia screwed something up with thier latest patch. But before I go through the hassle of Rollback I need to know if that is indeed whats causing it. I've seriously spent 4-5 hours or more total trying to solve this.

Below is my log file:
https://obsproject.com/logs/BhAuzTvZ-nWQoFUm

Any Assistance you can provide would be most helpful. Worth nothing my machine is not a pushover by any means and optimization settings set me at 6000 bitrate (which i don't use because twitch doesn't go above 3000) So it can definitely run 2500 and it usually does just fine, till just a couple days ago.

Unconquered

Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 1423 (5.9%)
Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 417 (20.8%)

Do you feel like you're seeing more drops than that would account for? I'm a novice at these things, but those drops seems like it would be fairly noticable

Last edited:

PyroCamera

Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 1423 (5.9%)
Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 417 (20.8%)

Do you feel like you're seeing more drops than that would account for? I'm a novice at these things, but those drops seems like it would be fairly noticable
They are super noticeable drops yes (Stream becomes a slideshow) They don't last long, but once it does the first drop it continues to drop. (it works for like the first 5 or so minutes) I never had them up until i had to Fix another game (Grand Theft Auto 5) and in order to fix that i had to update my graphics driver and reinstall all my Visual C++'s that's when the problems started.

carlmmii

bandwidth/connection frame drops are 100% a result of your network/isp. They are in no way connected to your rig's ability to generate the frames, and everything to do with the connection your computer has with twitch's ingest server.

This thread basically covers all the support that can be given there.