i wanna stream from my ps4 through my PC and obs,will a capture card help me?

3abadee3

Forgive my ignorance guys,i have a very decent PC,i run games like detroit and doom eternal smoothly,but my internet is kinda modest,it can barely handle streaming in 720 and sometimes i have to dial down to 540,i wanna stream from my ps4 but still using the powerful mic on my pc,which my ps4 does not recognize for some reason ,my question is,will a capture card help me,i have never used them and have no idea how to and how they work,does it need strong internet ,and will it be better than the playstation remote play feature that uses even more internet than the actual streaming?

konsolenritter

Welcome to the forum. Using an adequate capture card will capture your ps4 video signal into obs, passing it thru to the monitor, too.
But remember that the final outcome/result wont be any better than streaming games directly from your 'decent pc'.
If your internet connection constraints your streaming experience at all, it will just be the same with the ps4 over obs.

Using a capture card is just changing the video source into an obs scene (instead of directly game capture within the computer), anything else remains the same.

3abadee3

Welcome to the forum. Using an adequate capture card will capture your ps4 video signal into obs, passing it thru to the monitor, too.
But remember that the final outcome/result wont be any better than streaming games directly from your 'decent pc'.
If your internet connection constraints your streaming experience at all, it will just be the same with the ps4 over obs.

Using a capture card is just changing the video source into an obs scene (instead of directly game capture within the computer), anything else remains the same.
thanks for taking the time ,i understand what you said,but my concern is the capturing process wont be an extra burden on my internet,it will be like directly streaming from the PS4,with its pros and cons?

konsolenritter

The video capturing process by an capture card is a local process between your local ps4, your local monitor cabling and your local obs pc. It hasn't anything to do with your internet connection.

I don't know about ps4 streaming directly, but it can be said in general terms, that with obs you are most flexible to have all the needed settings under your own control, as if you know the resolution, the downscaling (if needed), the target bitrate and so on.

So if your internet connection constraints you to stream by lower than 720p (for instance), the exactly same will be effective for streaming content from your capture card. The whole compositing and mixing engine of obs sits in between your ps4 and the encoder (within obs or your gpu). So its totally segregated.

Personally i think that your internet connection and its constraints are your main issue. Think about.

3abadee3

The video capturing process by an capture card is a local process between your local ps4, your local monitor cabling and your local obs pc. It hasn't anything to do with your internet connection.

I don't know about ps4 streaming directly, but it can be said in general terms, that with obs you are most flexible to have all the needed settings under your own control, as if you know the resolution, the downscaling (if needed), the target bitrate and so on.

So if your internet connection constraints you to stream by lower than 720p (for instance), the exactly same will be effective for streaming content from your capture card. The whole compositing and mixing engine of obs sits in between your ps4 and the encoder (within obs or your gpu). So its totally segregated.

Personally i think that your internet connection and its constraints are your main issue. Think about.
thanks man,yes it is,i stream fine on 540p which is not that bad ,it works fine if the viewer is watching via laptop or mobile ,but it would be kinda bad if he watches on a big tv for example