Question / Help I used the Auto-Configuration Wizard but when I try to stream its still super choppy

GreenOwOd

As you can likely tell from my title, I am very new to using OBS. I don't know much so I was figuring that the auto-configuration wizard would just set me up and be all good but when I tried to go live I found the stream to be extremely choppy. My upload speed is 20 mbps, I'm using a GTX 1070 graphics card and a core i5 7600k CPU. The setup wizard set me up at 1920x1080 with a 6000 bitrate and 60 fps so I figured that it may have just been that it overestimated my PC, so I dropped the quality down but nothing really changed. Maybe it was a little better but still not good enough. Is there something I'm missing? I also tried following a youtube guide posted by Muaaz which showed how to set up your OBS settings based on your PC and still it was really choppy. Please help, I am lost honestly

Sukiyucky

You are not using a very powerful CPU. It has only 4 cores/4 threads. You have a good GPU that can deliver decent 1440p output. However paired together, the weakest link is the i5 7600 and if you really want to get good results in streaming, you will have to replace it with a higher core, higher thread CPU.

Because of this, its best to use the onboard video encoder (NVENC) instead of the software encoder (x264). That will put less load on the CPU.

Try this and make sure you have the latest Windows 10 build (1903) and Nvidia drivers.

Output (streaming tab)
Output Mode: Advanced
Audio Track: 1
Encoder: NVIDIA NVENC H.264 (new)
Rate control: CBR
Bitrate: (start out at 3500, then try in increased increments of 500 until you run into problems; max 6000)
Keyframe interval: 2
Preset: Max quality
Profile: high
Look ahead: not ticked
Psycho Visual Tuning: not ticked
GPU: 0
Max B-frames: 2

Audio
Sample Rate: 48khz
Channels: Stereo

Video
Base Canvas Resolution: 1920x1080
Output Scaled Resolution: 1280x720
Downscale Filter: Lanczos
Common FPS Values: 60

Later on, it will be up to you do tinker with these settings to improve your stream. You will hit a limit and at that point, to improve the stream, you will have to shell out more money to make it run and look better. With your i5 7600 and GTX 1070, you should be able to produce 720p streams. You may need to turn down in game video settings to not put a lot of load on the GPU (i.e. ultra, to medium, maybe low).