I need help!

DangamerYT

So when I go onto OBS after a while a bunch of like sounds are coming from absolutely no where and the sound is being measured by the desktop audio and when I turn my volume down the sound stops but when I have the volume up and hearing the sounds but when I close OBS the sounds stops. This will get in the way when I'm trying to record or stream and I can't fix it. Please Help!

Lawrence_SoCal

there have been previous reports of folks having beta plugins injecting audio (nag ware), or external audio drivers / software doing similar

Also, maybe you have speakers and a microphone (which is routed to Desktop Audio, creating an echo /audio loop)? which is a complete no-no setup. Many applications use patented/proprietary methods to avoid an audio loop (echo). OBS Studio essentially requires you to be aware and configure your audio environment appropriately. This specifically means not having Monitoring enabled for an Audio source, and then allow that audio output to go back into another Audio Input configured in OBS Studio. There are methods to handle such noise cancelling at Operating System level or OBS Studio with 3rd party plugins/apps

and.... don't ignore the pinned posting in each Support forum (link in my /sig) regarding posting OBS Studio log when asking for help/support