I may be an idiot but...

Hey, i am new to the whole Windows & OBS Studio life lol, I currently work for a company that wants to start doing webinars and i am completely new to that. I have a Rode Rodecaster Pro II with Wireless Lapel Microphones and OBS Studio 27.2.4

My problem at the moment is i cannot for the life of me get audio into OBS from the Rodecaster, i get audio levels on the board but not in OBS. Im sure there is something i am doing wrong but would love somebodys feedback to tell me what that is. I get desktop audio from all websites & zoom but not external input audio.

khaver

You will need to add an Audio Input Capture source in the scenes you want the Rode audio. Select the Scene you want the Rode audio in then right click in the sources list and add an Audio Input Capture source. In that sources settings, select your Rode device in the drop down list. That source should now show up in the Audio Mixer. If you need to add the source to other scenes, select the scene and again right click in the sources list and select to add an Audio Input Capture source. Instead of adding a new source, select Add Existing, and select the previously added Audio Input Capture source.

Lawrence_SoCal

Be sure to read the Getting started guide here on this site
Especially as you are not using OBS Studio for gaming, this may be a good, free resource https://streamgeeks.us/ Online Resources

I'm sure the team would love it if you bought their OBS books, but they do offer it for free as a PDF

OBS Audio related articles

You will need to add an Audio Input Capture source in the scenes you want the Rode audio. Select the Scene you want the Rode audio in then right click in the sources list and add an Audio Input Capture source. In that sources settings, select your Rode device in the drop down list. That source should now show up in the Audio Mixer. If you need to add the source to other scenes, select the scene and again right click in the sources list and select to add an Audio Input Capture source. Instead of adding a new source, select Add Existing, and select the previously added Audio Input Capture source.
Very Helpful, only thing now is when i have the Rode under audio input capture but it doesnt show up in the audio mixer. it doesnt show audio levels nor the channel itself. all i see is desktop audio and a random mic/aux channel

Lawrence_SoCal

Very Helpful, only thing now is when i have the Rode under audio input capture but it doesnt show up in the audio mixer. it doesnt show audio levels nor the channel itself. all i see is desktop audio and a random mic/aux channel
Did you read the OBS Audio articles? did you check operating system permissions on the audio devices?

khaver

For some reason the Rode device is not initializing.
Code:
15:18:30.993: [WASAPISource::TryInitialize]:[Microphone (RODECaster Pro II Main)] Failed to initialize audio client: 80070005
15:18:30.993: WASAPI: Device '{0.0.1.00000000}.{dabaa99b-20a8-4175-854d-01fc386e322e}' failed to start

Yeah so i got it to work for like a minute and then it cut out again, maybe its my computer? or do you think OBS is freaking out and not liking what the Rode is sending it?

Gump23

It`s interesting. Thanks.