Question / Help I don't want to record a specific application

brianmsm

In the last few months I started using OBS and I am really very happy with their work. It is amazing software, I really like it.
However, I have faced a problem that I cannot find a solution.
I want to stream an application (called Rstudio). I have tried the following.
  1. First, I wanted to use the capture window function, but there is a problem that I cannot save the application frame (title bar) and also the windows that appear from the application (pop-up type). I know this is not possible in OBS, I already read it in several posts. Although it would be amazing if you can record all the windows that open from a specific application.
  2. I used the function of recording the whole desktop. This is great, because I can crop the size and stick with the app (including the title bar). However, when I want to make any scene changes or fixes within OBS, streaming viewers will also see the OBS software I'm projecting, and it's something I really don't want.
  3. I tried putting OBS on another virtual desktop (KDE) and putting the rest of the programs on another virtual desktop to record the entire screen. But, upon returning to OBS all virtual desktops are captured. I'm not sure if it can be restricted.
  4. The only thing I can think of is knowing if there is a way to specify that I don't want a window to be displayed. In other words, capture the entire desktop with the exception of OBS.
Thank you very much for your time.