I don't want to hear myself but then the video has no audio

magnudead

I am trying to record a video but I have to listen to myself talking while doing so, I figured out that you can turn Monitor Off but doing so cuts all audio away from the video.
am I missing something ? Please help.

AaronD

Sounds like you're changing that option for two or more sources at once. They can be different. :-)

Also, "Monitor Off" continues to feed OBS's recording and stream, via the Tracks selection. If "Monitor Off" kills those, then you have a non-standard audio configuration. I've done that myself a few times, on purpose, for a specific reason each time, but you kinda do need a specific reason to do that. In art, you can break any rule you want, as long as you know what the rule is, why it's a rule, and why you're breaking it this time.

And if you need support for a non-standard config, you need to explain all of it in detail to prevent wrong assumptions. Screenshots and diagrams are much better than the wall of text that the explanation would have to be otherwise.

magnudead

Sounds like you're changing that option for two or more sources at once. They can be different. :-)

Also, "Monitor Off" continues to feed OBS's recording and stream, via the Tracks selection. If "Monitor Off" kills those, then you have a non-standard audio configuration. I've done that myself a few times, on purpose, for a specific reason each time, but you kinda do need a specific reason to do that. In art, you can break any rule you want, as long as you know what the rule is, why it's a rule, and why you're breaking it this time.

And if you need support for a non-standard config, you need to explain all of it in detail to prevent wrong assumptions. Screenshots and diagrams are much better than the wall of text that the explanation would have to be otherwise.
Sorry man I am completely new to OBS, all I want is the ability to record Gameplay videos with my voice in it, I have got the Gameplay part but now I have lost both my voice and game audio. I am thinking about Deleting it all and starting over But I don't even know how to remove things of the Audio Mixer :-(