I can't work out how to setup a simple stream to my webpage

belfie13

is there like a php script i can upload to my webpage (on a web hosting plan with cPanel) that can accept a stream from my mac and display it on the page?
I had OBS recording and streaming to twitch, pretty straight forward. I can't figure out how to get it to my hosted web page, every example seems to need something on the server end that isn't available with my web host !
any help or point in the right direction would be great, even confirmation that it cannot be done will save me alot thanks.

itst

You need an RTMP server. OBS sends its stream to the RTMP server, which in turn serves your stream to your audience. PHP alone will not suffice.
In order to install and configure the software you need to enable, say, an nginx server to act as an RTMP server, you will need root privilages on, in almost all cases, your own server.

belfie13

You need an RTMP server. OBS sends its stream to the RTMP server, which in turn serves your stream to your audience. PHP alone will not suffice.
In order to install and configure the software you need to enable, say, an nginx server to act as an RTMP server, you will need root privilages on, in almost all cases, your own server.
thank you so much! that's what i maybe kinda thought but was really unsure, i have been looking for ages for a workaround and getting lost in the process.

ok so this might be better in another thread but is there a way to just stream to a file on the hosted web page? it has ssl terminal access (and ftp but let's not go there) but i was thinking, can i post it through http or something to save it online like it would when recording locally?