Question / Help I broke my obs' ability to UDP stream

mindstorm

So, I set up a UDP stream (thanks to Jack0r ) and it was working great, until I accidentally closed it while recording. Now every time I try to record the same "unspecified error" window pops up.
Things I have tried:
Restarting obs/my pc (obviously)
Deleting all user files
Fresh install
Since none of them fixed the issue I am afraid I messed up my ffmpeg libs.
Any help is appreciated!
here is my log file

Attachments

• 2019-01-28 06-37-09.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 81

Narcogen

What are you trying to stream? According to this, when OBS launched there were no scenes or sources.

06:37:12.164: Service '' not found
06:37:12.166: No scene file found, creating default scene
06:37:12.167: All scene data cleared

06:37:12.251: Switched to scene 'Scene'
06:37:12.251: Failed to glob scene collections

I think your scene files have become corrupted. You should restore from backup (if you have them) or create a blank scene collection and rebuild them.

mindstorm

Hey narcogen. I dont think thats the issue honestly because the second thing i did was to purge the user settings folder containing the scene collections. But I gave it a try and didnt resolve the issue. Thank you for your suggestion tho

Narcogen

That is what caused the errors I pointed out above. It tries to load a scene and fails. Even if you didn't get an error trying to stream, according to this logfile, you'd be streaming nothing. There's also this error:

06:37:12.164: Service '' not found

Which seems to indicate it can't identify where you're trying to stream to. That should be the name of your custom streaming server setup, but it's just empty. You probably need to create a new profile as well, because it looks like that is also not loading.

mindstorm

Here you go... I tried all of these and i have the same issue

Attachments

• 2019-01-28 18-41-12.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 41

Narcogen

18:41:13.173: ==== Startup complete ===============================================
18:41:13.182: Service '' not found
18:41:13.185: Switched to Preview/Program mode
18:41:13.185: ------------------------------------------------
18:41:13.186: All scene data cleared
18:41:13.186: ------------------------------------------------
18:41:13.236: Switched to scene 'Scene'
18:41:13.237: ------------------------------------------------
18:41:13.237: Loaded scenes:
18:41:13.238: - scene 'Scene':
18:41:13.238: - source: 'Image' (image_source)
18:41:13.238: ------------------------------------------------
18:41:13.304: CalculateFileHash: Failed to open file 'C:\Users\PC\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio\updates\whatsnew.json':
18:41:14.832: Failed to open video codec: Unknown error occurred

I don't know. This still looks like OBS hasn't been configured to stream anywhere; the parts of the log where I'd normally expect to see settings on where and how you're trying to record or stream, even with custom FFMpeg are just missing. To me it looks like you clicked "record" to tell OBS to do something and OBS has no idea where it wants you to record or stream to because there's no data on it, likely because those settings files were deleted and have not been recreated. If all that information is showing in your OBS GUI I don't know where it is coming from, because the logfiles don't show it.

mindstorm

well... Idk what to tell you mate... I dealt with a plethora of issues with obs on linux but this thing right here I have no clue what to do

Attachments

• obs1.JPG
    obs1.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 273

Narcogen

If you create another user account on the computer and set OBS up the same way for them, does that work? Or does it fail in the same way?

If the GUI can load your encoder settings then the log should be able to show them, but they aren't there. So it could be the case that either OBS can't find files it needs to use Custom FFMpeg output, or that the scene/profile files are broken enough to make output fail even though most of it loads into the GUI.

If it works on another user account, then the issue is with the profile, scene and settings files associated with your user. If it doesn't, then the problem may be OBS itself and/or FFMpeg.

mindstorm

I just tried it on another newly created user account. Same exact issue.
EDIT: remember this is a fresh install of obs along with my userdata.

Narcogen

I honestly don't know then. Do any other methods of streaming/recording fail, or just custom FFMpeg?

If you run the Auto-Configuration Wizard in your fresh profile and then try to do a simple local recording, does that also fail?

mindstorm

It only fails on custom ffmpeg. I can stream, i can record on a local file.
edit: thats why on my original post i say that i might have messed up my ffmpeg libs

Narcogen

What happens if you try using the default x264 software encoder instead of NVENC? Same error?

Trying to duplicate on this side, not having any luck so far.

mindstorm

Even simple local ones fail. With a new error message and new error log entry
[NVENC encoder: 'recording_h264'] Failed to open NVENC codec: Unknown error occurred

Narcogen

That seems to indicate that it's a driver issue, since I know Quadro cards support NVENC and it was apparently working before, I assume?

mindstorm

I have no clue man... Thats my issue too... it was working until i accidentally closed it... Didnt change anything!