Howto compile a ffmpeg with OBS for Debian Ubuntu Mint Rasbian with SRT also included script ?

Filip S

SRT is not working on my OBS 26.1.1 on Ubuntu because the ffmpeg does not include the SRT from https://github.com/Haivision/srt and thats the only probblem with my Ubuntu 20.04 hardware envidia GPU support is available but libsrt is missing.

On Rasbian "debian buster" the libsrt is also missing from the ffmpeg included with the package repository but on a MacOSX I was able to get srt with ffmpeg so this was easy just like on windows its just possible to fix upgrading with no compilation needed.

On Rasbian --enable-omx --enable-omx-rpi is needed to enjoy the GPU just like --enable-libsrt also I would like my nginx to have SRT but I think it just because the normal ffmpeg on my systems need to be rebuild to make the OBS 26.1.1 work with SRT.

If I use
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig"

./configure --arch=armel --target-os=linux --enable-gpl --enable-omx --enable-omx-rpi --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libx265 --enable-nonfree --enable-mmal --enable-libsrt

make

Then I am missing the rtmps in the -protocols so this is bad when needed by some sites for streamning.

So have anyone made a script to build ffmpeg for Debian/Ubuntu/Rasbian where this solved ?

Filip S

Well I have found a way to get ffmpeg support with omx and srt included using this

On Ubuntu 20.04 I have found this script to https://github.com/markus-perl/ffmpeg-build-script to build ffmpeg with srt enable and support for the envidia and vaapi hw encoders so thats nice.

The only part I am missing now is to make my OBS handle SRT - I have also recompiled it but its like it does not understand the srt:// but udp:// it does work - I can set it listen for traffic but not with srt://

Does OBS include SRT support or is it missing - I have compiled srt and also the ubuntu ffmpeg is replaced - OBS is compiled but I keep getting OBS log file says MP: Failed to open media: 'srt://192.168.10.100:4003&mode=listener' and it does not open sockets and listen if I replace the srt with udp it does open and listen so something is not working. I am not a programmer but I would say it look like a bug with the API between OBS and the SRT parts - does anybody know where to look to make sure SRT is a option protocol because I have tried alot to solve the problem. I know the SRT is working using srt-live-transmit but its like the connection between OBS and SRT is missing ?