Question / Help How to use OBS as Skype Webcam source

LP95

Only other ideas I have is make sure your OBS is the latest version. I used 64 bit v25.0.8. I made sure I was running Skype for desktop, not the windows store version. My skype is v 8.59.0.77. I'm on a PC with windows 10 home 1903.
That was great advice! I didn't realise I was running to windows store version, all sorted now, thank you!

rb101

i had the same problem for Teams and Skype , (Skype for Business). Both of them do not pick up either the virtual OBS Cam or the OBS Cam plugin. I managed to get around this by downloading the latest free manycams, where both OBS Cams show. Both Teams and Skype for Business see the manyCams virtual cam. Its a bit of a cumbersome solution - using both OBS to create the main feed and feeding that into manycams to use in Teams/Skype for Business. Also the free manycams is very crippled , has watermark, only goes up to 720p etc. I could try and do everything in manycams instead of OBS, but I dont like the subscription model on manycams for what it is - I dont mind generally paying for software and paying to upgrade every so often for new versions, but not a continuous subscription - cheapest is $40 every year. I was delighted to find the normal skype, which i run on the same pc, v 8.65.0.78, picks up the OBS Cam. So at least for personal calls I can use OBS, but for Teams and Skype for Business Im stuck until OBS outputs to a format Teams/SKype for Business can pick up or pay and use manycams instead.