Question / Help How to seperate the game sound and other computer sound

XipsAhoy

I wanna record videos with OBS, just recording a game, but I want to record while I am listening music. How can I do that without using Voicemeeter.
Thanks for your help!

FerretBomb

You will either need to install a second audio device and direct the game to use it for audio output, or use either Voicemeeter or VAC. There is no other workaround at this time.
OBS only captures audio on a device basis, and cannot capture per-process audio due to how Windows handles audio at the OS level.

XipsAhoy

Is there anyway, OBS, records the game sound and desktop sound and in edition I can eliminate the desktop sound that is separated!

XipsAhoy

You need virtual audio cables so that your game and other applications can send audio to different devices. This is also free VB-Audio software

Is there anyway, OBS, records the game sound and desktop sound and in edition I can eliminate the desktop sound that is separated!

Narcogen

You can assign desktop audio and a virtual device to separate tracks in OBS and then edit them in a video editor afterwards.

You can't separate a single audio track that's already been recorded with both game and desktop audio in it.