How to reduce stream delay

oollisD

I just transitioned over from Streamlabs to stream elements obs and now my delay is stupidly large. Anyone know how to remedy this? I know that some delay is expected, but that is only a delay of roughly 15 seconds. I'm experiencing delays that last roughly 3 minutes. I've tried changing my encoder but still nothing.

Rodthedestroyer

Without knowing much about your setup there is a option in advanced settings toward the bottom. Its tge third option under dynamic bitrate and. Optimize stream or whatever theres 3 boxes check the 3rd one youll see it may help!

Tomasz Góral

what delay do you think about? about video playback, and calling action through the html mechanism, if so, the time is the delay time depends on the technique of video delivery in hls, dash this time can be between 10 and 30 sec.

Lawrence_SoCal

Are you talking about the delay on your local PC? ie video vs audio, or local video rendering?
OR are you talking about the time to send to stream provider (YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, etc) and then be re-encoded & distributed via content deliver networks, then out to and visible on client devices?
or something else?