How-to question about switching

Mark Late

Hi all,

I'm writing this post in order to know how is the better way to manage what I'm doing.

Today I'm applying different effects to my camera and I've created for 4 scenes in OBS with these different effects. OBS is switching these scenes using Advance Scene Switcher with a script that is waiting for X seconds for each scene.

My question if exists a better way to manage this setup. I was wondering if exist an "effect switcher" and only switch the effect from a source to avoid creating different scenes for the source and switching them like I'm doing right now.

Thanks in advance.

AaronD

I like to have a lot of simple scenes, and it sounds like you're going a similar direction. But I can make a case, in this situation, to reduce the scene count, if that really is all that's changing between them.

Adv. SS can also enable and disable filters, and change their settings, but I think all of those are step-changes and not fades from old to new values. Maybe that's okay, maybe not.

If you really need a fade, then you might still be able to approximate it by rapidly updating a variable and writing the updated value into the filter again, and again, and again...
That's what the volume fade does anyway, behind the scenes, and it seems to work well enough.