Question / Help How to keep 2 or 3 recording settings easily exchangeable ? ( SOLVED )

Hello, All,

When I record live music on my studio, I want to use the best PCM audio recording, and this need to make certain adjustments on the audio recording parameters and .MKV files. But when I´m just recording H264 regular files, I need small ones just to send messages for my friends, so the recording parameters changes. How to keep these interchangeable I mean, to choose easily from one to another, or many more without having to type every parameter again : Perhaps I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

There's a Profile menu along the top of OBS. Each of these can store unique settings.

Sorry for my childish post and questions: Profiles stores settings, but doesn't mess with the scenes, ok ? Profiles stores only "settings", but why instead of the name "profiles" don´t we have a "settings" to save and load ? What exact parameters are saved with profiles ? I see that hotkeys are not saved along the profile ( We don´t have a new set of hotkeys for every profile ), but we have a new stream, a new output...

Thanks !

koala

Profiles stores settings, but doesn't mess with the scenes, ok ? Profiles stores only "settings", but why instead of the name "profiles" don´t we have a "settings" to save and load ? What exact parameters are saved with profiles ? I see that hotkeys are not saved along the profile ( We don´t have a new set of hotkeys for every profile ), but we have a new stream, a new output...
A profile contains everything behind the Settings button.
A Scene Collection contains everything in the Scene and Sources docks.
Both can be changed individually and independent from each other.

Hotkeys are a special case. Scene- and source-specific hotkeys are saved with their scenes and sources, so they are saved with their Scene Collection. Universal hotkeys, such as for starting and stopping recording, are saved in the current profile. At least, that's where I find the corresponding setting in the configuration ini file. However, if I change a global hotkey and then change the profile, the changed hotkey sticks and also appears in the ini file for the other profile. I don't know if this a bug or intended behavior. So as it appears currently, scene- and source specific hotkeys are saved in their scene collections, and every other hotkey is configured globally, independent from a profile.

A profile contains everything behind the Settings button.
A Scene Collection contains everything in the Scene and Sources docks.
Both can be changed individually and independent from each other.

Hotkeys are a special case. Scene- and source-specific hotkeys are saved with their scenes and sources, so they are saved with their Scene Collection. Universal hotkeys, such as for starting and stopping recording, are saved in the current profile. At least, that's where I find the corresponding setting in the configuration ini file. However, if I change a global hotkey and then change the profile, the changed hotkey sticks and also appears in the ini file for the other profile. I don't know if this a bug or intended behavior. So as it appears currently, scene- and source specific hotkeys are saved in their scene collections, and every other hotkey is configured globally, independent from a profile.

Hello, Koala,

Thanks for clarifying these specific hotkeys cases ( general and scenes ), otherwise, I would have thought that there were no universal keys for starting and stopping recording each for the current profile. It´s really good to know that before I discover by accident.

Thank you very much !