Question / Help how to fix 27.1% Rendering Lag and 74.2% Encoder Overload

Afiqlanz

What recording settings are you using in OBS ? Settings>Output> recording
something like nvidia encoder.... but still lagging the playback doesn't matter what encoder i use it still lagging.... should i even use a different screen recording?

SanityKnows

I take it you are playing a game and trying to record on the same system correct ? Its also a laptop ? In that case you may need to lower the recording resolution as your system may not be able to handle recording 1080p while playing on them specs. This can vary wildly on different systems with different settings. You will have to play around with "CPU USAGE PRESET", "BITRATE" , And "ENCODER" and do some test recording. But here is a screen shot of some basic settings you can try. you can lower the "CPU usage preset" to "ultrafast" And upping to bitrate much higher since its a recording so play around with it. Just don't expect miracles on that system.
obs screenshot 2.png

Last edited:

Narcogen

Drop to 720p60 or 1080p30 or perhaps even 720p30. This machine can't record 1080p60 while also running your game.

Afiqlanz

Drop to 720p60 or 1080p30 or perhaps even 720p30. This machine can't record 1080p60 while also running your game.
then how to record 1080P 60fps like Phly Daily and other youtubers? what CPU and GPU should i buy for a custom PC?

SanityKnows

then how to record 1080P 60fps like Phly Daily and other youtubers? what CPU and GPU should i buy for a custom PC?
Depends on your budget, But can't go wrong buying an AMD cpu this year for price/performance stand point. Ryzen 3000 range or even last gen prices have dropped a fair bit. GPU again budget dependant, Whether you want mid tier or high end you can buy decent used cards online and even brand new ones for good price online. Have a look around Whether you are team red-blue or green. This all depends and what you want to do with your system. Try the PC part picker website and it will give you an idea on parts and price.

Last edited: