How to change the format of the stream?

matt_ddk

Hi,
I have the default settings - sRGB and NV12.
I noticed that the stream is kind of behind the fog and not clear.... I get better quality on Rec. 2100 (PQ) and (HLG). The problem is that I can't turn on the streaming because it shows me a message that x264 as well as AMD HW H.264 are not supported in this format.... Can anyone help me turn it on? Am I forced to stream on sRGB/Rec. 709/Rec.601? If so, how to change the quality so that there is no effect of this fog and blur?
Here is a link to the log from recording in SRGB....
I am not an expert in this field but if someone will explain to me, I will certainly understand.
Thanks in advance...
GPU - Radeon RX7900XTX 24GB
CPU - AMD 7800X3D

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

koala

According to your log, you're running your Windows system in HDR mode. Rec.2110 (PQ) is a HDR color format, or 10 bit format, so OBS is capturing and processing video as HDR as well.
However, few encoders support hdr in h.264, and neither the x264 included in OBS nor AMD's encoder seem to support it. You need to switch to hevc or av1. The next however is that not all streaming services support hevc or av1. You have to check with your streaming service, if it supports hdr video streams with these encoders.

If you must use hdr for your stream depends on what your stream is and what your viewers expect. The vast majority of users don't have hdr systems, so they're never seeing the full beauty of a hdr video anyway but instead see everything converted to sdr, just as you see if you use the sdr formats (sRGB/709) or simply play in SDR and not in HDR mode.

matt_ddk

According to your log, you're running your Windows system in HDR mode. Rec.2110 (PQ) is a HDR color format, or 10 bit format, so OBS is capturing and processing video as HDR as well.
However, few encoders support hdr in h.264, and neither the x264 included in OBS nor AMD's encoder seem to support it. You need to switch to hevc or av1. The next however is that not all streaming services support hevc or av1. You have to check with your streaming service, if it supports hdr video streams with these encoders.

If you must use hdr for your stream depends on what your stream is and what your viewers expect. The vast majority of users don't have hdr systems, so they're never seeing the full beauty of a hdr video anyway but instead see everything converted to sdr, just as you see if you use the sdr formats (sRGB/709) or simply play in SDR and not in HDR mode.
So in a nutshell what should I do? I have nothing to choose between x264 and AMD.... In SDR format no matter which one the quality is really low.... And the other formats OBS does not support and comparing just these other formats - the picture is nicer.... . Other streamers on Twitch have better quality, I specifically checked if someone has similar to me. I don't know what to do anymore, I don't know it so well.... And I would like the viewers to be satisfied. Please help me...

koala

As I wrote: choose hevc as encoder to support 10 bit color format (amd supports this as far as I know) and make sure your streaming provider supports hevc. If your streaming provider doesn't support hevc, you cannot stream with a 10 bit color format.