how to cancel or change the output timer once started?

chitot

Tools->Output timer:

Hi, I mistakenly set the output timer to 1 hour instead of 2 hours to record something. After hitting "start", it seems there is no way to change or cancel the timer without stopping the already running recording session. It would be nice if I can actually cancel or change the timer without stopping first so that the recording is not split. Thanks.

gnoffa

I have the same problem. If you set the wrong amount or simply change your mind while the timer counts down, you're unable to cancel without actually stopping the stream/recording.

Grover49

You can increase the time value and press enter. The 'Recording stopping in:' value will be correspondingly increased :-)

TylerRick

I have the same problem.

No, it's not possible to simply "increase the time value and press enter". Pressing Enter causes the Start button for Streaming to be pressed, which doesn't help at all with changing the timer for Recording. There is still no way to change the timer without stopping the recording and starting a new recording. :(

Such an annoying little problem, which should be simple to fix...

HJimHet

I have the same problem: occasionally a timed event I'm recording runs a bit longer than expected, and I'd like to either cancel the auto-stop, or extend the timer a bit. Can't. Only way is to let it stop (or stop it myself), then as quickly as possible start it again, but this leaves an editing task to patch the two recordings together. And if, as is often the case, I'm recording to mp4, editing is problematic. I would think it wouldn't be a big task to add a Cancel Stop or Cancel Timer button, making sure to be clear that it's the stop that's being canceled, not the recording.
Or alternatively, and even better, enable what one user suggested above, be able to adjust the run time on the fly. Add a few seconds or minutes without stopping.

AaronD

The Advanced Scene Switcher plugin has lots of ways to do that, and lots of other things too. Depending on how you do it, you can have practically any behavior you want. It's become its own programming language, with all that that means:

For the case in this thread, one way to do it is:
1702787907909.png

And you can edit or disable it at any time, with updates taking effect immediately.

There's also an absolute time, which might work better in some cases:
1702788047403.png

1702788055848.png

markjay