Question / Help How do I stop the echoing in OBS Studio?

Hello all,

I have a very stressful issue regarding OBS Studio. I have been trying to record videos (gameplay) with my Elgato HD60. Every time I playback the video, the audio the computer makes (or game-play audio) echoes. It is really annoying, there are only two audio devices set up, my default audio (Speakers (Elgato Sound Capture)) and my Blue Snowball microphone. I do not have any external speakers making sounds for the microphone to pick up, they are switched off, plus I only use my headphones. I have my audio settings in my Elgato set to default, the rest echo whilst recording After conducting further research I am still coming to the conclusion that this should not be happening at all with the way I have my OBS studio set up. If anyone could please help me resolve this issue, that would be great.

Cheers!

- Damon

SumDim

What I do is the following:

1) Leave the mixer volume on for Elgato source
2) For the Desktop Audio, I mute it
3) For webcam audio, I mute it
4) For my headset with mic, I leave Mic/Aux on (in your case, you just leave Snowball on)

You will also need to fiddle with the Advanced Sound by clicking on the wheel and choosing the appropriate dropdown for monitoring. Monitoring is whether you hear or not hear audio through your headphones. Output is if it gets recorded or streamed.

I don't use Elgato Sound Capture as I have never gotten it to work properly so I just rid of it by not letting it AutoStart (Disable via Task Manager Startup tab).

GymBody

Hi i have the same issue. I am just recording from game capture though. Should i ignore step 1 but follow the steps 2-4 or is my situation totally different? Dont want to wreck future recordings by changing something wrongly. I listen to my game audio via a sennheiser hd58x plugged into a soundblaster x katana which is linked to my pc via a usb 2 cable if those details help. I do have a sucky g4650 with a 970 graphics card.

Narcogen