Question / Help How do I mute Ventrilo through OBS?

Thaurlach

I am running 64-bit Windows 7 and 64-bit Ventrilo. I have also been running 64-bit OBS and it's been literally capturing every single sound, or voice that Windows 7 is outputting. I have a USB headset and I've selected that as my default device in Windows only because I have no other ways I wish to output sound. In Vent I have my headset selected as the output device, and selecting anything besides that makes me unable to even hear vent.

I have a friend who also started using OBS and he somehow had his Vent muted in OBS by default, or in other words OBS wasn't capturing his Vent, but he was still able to broadcast music. He said that he thought this was because he was running 64 bit Vent but was only using the 32-bit of OBS, so I also ran the 32 bit of OBS with Ventrilo open and it was still capturing and broadcasting everything that other people said in Vent. Does anyone know how to prevent OBS from picking up Vent, but still enabling me to hear it personally? I would like to avoid using such tools as Virtual Audio Cable, but as long as they're free and it's the only option, I will consider it. Thank you in advance.

hilalpro

close everything install dfx audio enhancer. configure Ventrilo to output to the ear speakers (not an unspecified default, not dfx) and profit.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
From my experience, DFX audio enhancer will pop up every so often and tell you to register or something...are you sure it's a good free replacement?

Thaurlach

dodgepong said:
From my experience, DFX audio enhancer will pop up every so often and tell you to register or something...are you sure it's a good free replacement?

As in, even though you've minimized it, it will restore itself and display on top of whatever you don't have minimized? Or within the audio it will tell you to register?

hilalpro

dodgepong said:
considering that it doesn't output anything to the audio and give you an option for no running at startup. i haven't used the newer version's on the free mode but you can remove the /avg/ directory from the download link to get a lesser annoying version.

hilalpro

that looks a little annoying. breakaway audio enhancer will do the same required task but without popout messages . thought it's a little more manual to configure. you have to specify safe mode when hooking up to the sound card speakers and then you have to make breakaway speakers the default manually on window's speakers panel.