Question / Help How do I get sound when using monitor/window capture?

jt518

I've used OBS for Xbox One streaming and had no issues. I'd like to stream a game from my laptop, but it's different and I'm having a hard time figuring it out. I've tried for a few days now. To stream a game on a laptop, your only options are window capture and monitor capture, correct? There are no settings for audio under properties for either of these two. In the general settings I tried setting audio to default and to laptop speakers. I can plug my headset in and the microphone works. Also, when and if I get the audio working, is there a way to get sound to output to both the stream and to my headset?

FerretBomb

It's in Settings, the system audio. OBS captures any audio going out over that device (usually the Default/speakers). There is no way to capture audio per-process, due to the way the Windows audio subsystem works.

If you're using a headset, you may need to switch OBS' system audio device to the headset, due to the way some systems handle it. You should see the bar above the speaker icon on the main window going up and down, meaning that audio is being picked up from that channel.

jt518

It's in Settings, the system audio. OBS captures any audio going out over that device (usually the Default/speakers). There is no way to capture audio per-process, due to the way the Windows audio subsystem works.

If you're using a headset, you may need to switch OBS' system audio device to the headset, due to the way some systems handle it. You should see the bar above the speaker icon on the main window going up and down, meaning that audio is being picked up from that channel.

WOW, so here's what I did: The little volume bars above the one you pointed out in your last sentence.. yeah, had them all the way down. Works fine now. THREE DAYS. Thank you for your help!