Question / Help How do i capture browser source audio

Drizzy

I had a smart idea for twitch streaming with overlays and stuff on console basically i stream to mixer then i take browser source and then i stream to twitch now don't say i can't do that if i become a partner and stuff i already know plus by then ill actually have money to get the proper hardware but anyway how do i capture the browser source audio i hear it in preview but when i did a test record and i can't hear the audio (MACos el captain)

Popupkiller

If anyone else comes across this and wonders.
If you only want to capture the audio of the browser source by itself, go to advanced audio properties, and change audio monitoring to anything but "monitor Only (mute output)"

Narcogen

This question is from prior to version 24.x, when browser sources did not appear as independent audio sources and had to be captured as part of desktop audio, which requires 3rd party software on MacOS.

Popupkiller

Well. I was browsing around trying to figure out how to do it, so I decided to note down what I found here, in case anyone else were looking for it as well.

CodingAlbert

This question is from prior to version 24.x, when browser sources did not appear as independent audio sources and had to be captured as part of desktop audio, which requires 3rd party software on MacOS.

Now, however, as long as "Browser source" appears in audio sources (after choosing "control audio via obs" in the source properties), the browser audio cannot be heard in OBS, only in monitor.

That creates new problems if you have a 2 person crew (streamer and sound technician listening to monitor device). You want the streamer to hear the browser source audio, but not hear the monitoring.