Question / Help How can I fix my OBS settings to display crisp resolution?

NotSalty

Hello everyone, I have recently been watching videos on the best OBS settings to record gameplay (In this case Minecraft). I have watched around 10 or so videos on the best settings for recording but a common issue I have with all of them is that when I record gameplay it is always blurry compared to the actual game. Below I have provided a ss of what the issue is (Compare the trees to see what I mean). If anyone knows what I should change / edit to fix the quality of the gameplay it would be much appreciated.
OBS.JPG

Kizzume

Forgive me if I'm off base here: If you've done any stretching to make the game footage area (that you're recording) fill the canvas area, it will be slightly blurry. You have to make the canvas resolution match exactly for it to be a clear recording, no stretching. If you're recording a window, this can require that you record at a non-standard resolution (you'll have to figure out what resolution the window is open at)--and if the video player you play it with afterwards does any stretching of the video, it will look blurry as well. I always record games played in fullscreen to avoid these problems.

Kizzume

(continued) Even if you have the canvas area matching up exactly, it may not look in OBS like it's clear, but the *recording* should be clear.

NotSalty

Found the issue, I forgot to go full screen for the gameplay thus reducing the quality of the recording. Once I went full screen the quality went back to 1080p and the recording was crisp. I appreciate the help.