hot keys no longer work

gmsofcc

When I make my streams I use shortcut keys to change the scenes and it worked, but lately when I’m in an app it doesn’t change the scene like it did and it ends up disturbing my live, when something I don’t want to appear, I click on my shortcut key and it doesn't change.

Graybo2FQ

Do the hotkeys work if you click back into the OBS window and then hit them (click first in the grey area surrounding your screen area, not the display itself or the control panel below, before hitting them)?

chenzhan4321

Same case here. Global hotkeys invalid in my newest OBS (BIg sure) unless the window of OBS is at the top, though I chose never to deactivate them. A temporary solution: use Automator to build a service "Open OBS" and assign a hotkey to this service in order to activate OBS every time before you would like to use hotkeys of OBS. A bit annoying. I think OBS should really pay attention to its priority in the Big Sur mac in order to gain control over its hotkeys universally.

David Dubins

I had the same problem. I tried running OBS studio as administrator, and also making sure "Never disable hotkeys" was selected under Hotkeys Focus Behavior in Advanced settings of OBS. I was getting this weird behavior that my macro keys would work *sometimes* (the worst behavior there is). I found a crude workaround here.

What I did was program my macro pad to switch to the OBS window, press the hotkeys, then switch back to my application (PowerPoint slides in my case). The commands looked like this:

Windows Button+7 (this switches away from the OBS window, so that the next command doesn't minimize it)
Windows Button+8 (this switches to the 8th window in the taskbar, my OBS application)
My hot key goes here (Ctrl+Alt+whatever)
Alt+Tab (this switches back to whatever I was working on in PowerPoint)

I used 0.1 sec delays between each keystroke.

This was very annoying, but this sequence is effective. Switch to OBS, do your stuff, then switch back. Also, it assumes my taskbar programs need to stay where they are. If I rearrange them, I would need to change those numbers in front of the Windows Button.

I also have a G600 Logitech mouse that doesn't suffer from this problem. The hotkeys just work in all windows regardless.

Do the hotkeys work if you click back into the OBS window and then hit them (click first in the grey area surrounding your screen area, not the display itself or the control panel below, before hitting them)?
Herein lies a big problem. The Hot Keys work even if you are outside of OBS in another app. I was in Microsoft Word and when I hit the spacebar (programmed for a transition in OBS) between words, it was transitioning between scenes in OBS. The programmers don't think it's a problem and subsequently it never gets fixed. I'm back to clicking on the "Transition" button.

Accularian

To make OBS ignore HotKey Presses when you are outside of OBS (In another application) go to Preferences > Advanced... scroll to the bottom and adjust your preference in the "Hotkey Focus Behavior" section.

hevisko

I want also a button to "Ignore/Disable hotkeys" - Setup hotkeys, and then when you just want to rename some stuff.. those hotkeys are making me crazy - just a simple "Stop Hotkeys"button on the interface please