Horrible Quality on x264 and Hardware Encoder H264/AVC Encoder

Piscatrio

OBS Project Help
Hello, I will try my best to describe exactly the problem I am experiencing with both x264 and AMD's Hardware encoder.

The game I am trying to stream is CS GO with a resolution 1728x1080 (16:10) and I downscale it to 1280x720 with Lanczos downscale filter; the Base (Canvas) Resolution is 1920x1080 (monitor's native res). With regards to the X264, I followed EposVox tutorial command for command and the quality was absolutely horrible with the addition of a large performance hit (yes I was aware that the CPU presets affect performance I tried the medium, fast, and faster, yet the quality still stayed the same). I have an R5 3600 with 16GB CL16 3200MHZ RAM (yes I did enable XMP Profile in BIOS), so I am aware that I do not have the best CPU on the market, but it is nonetheless sufficient for the job at 720p 5000 kb/s. I edited settings and started watching other youtube videos and following what they recommend is the best and they all led to the same result. I am starting to believe that maybe my CPU is disguised and probably has the worst silicon on the planet. I would show results on Twitch but with time constraints and frustration I would rather not open OBS and rely on faith for a better quality stream with the same settings.

Summary: Good PC, Good Internet, Followed instructions on the internet... Resulted in Bad Quality stream at 720p downscaled with Lanczos.

On the hardware encoding I was aware that the AMD encoder was... to put it in a good way... the best pile of garbage you could wish for. But I still managed to get a decent stream at 1080 60fps with 6000 kb/s however every time I moved my crosshair to flick to an enemy bot the screen would turn into Minecraft and pixelated blocks would appear everywhere and leave the scene pixelated and horrible looking for 2.5 seconds.

(https://community.amd.com/message/2955836?q=OBS)

I used the above article/forum in order to see if there was any help on the internet that would make the most out of the encoder since x264 was simply too bad (on my stream the hardware encoding was better than x264 by a mile but still satisfactory). I also saw a video by EposVox comparing AVC vs the NVENC and x264 at 6mbps and the AVC was considerably worse, but honestly, I would crave those settings that got those results on 720p. I really have not a single clue as to why my OBS yields the worst quality and why my hardware seems to be always never working well with me.

Will AMD ever work on improving the encoder or is it simply a lost cause and a dead encoder with no possible chance of improvement. I know for a fact that the people at AMD do not give a single brain cell regarding this issue since this has been a problem since the launch of NAVI so I ask you guys who might actually be in touch with reality and may have found a solution to either of my problems.

FYI the reason I sometimes overspecify and make the explanations long is that some responses are not helpful and give information that is completely irrelevant and counterproductive for both parties, thank you.