Horrible PC slow down, And laggy recordings

stalker556

As of last month i started having issues with OBS i never had, it slows down my pc tremendously, to the point that i have to shutdown OBS to do anything, doesn't seem to affect the game fps tho for whatever reason, but recordings stutter and lag a lot
So far i tried to reinstall OBS multiple times, and change all kinds of settings, update all the drivers, turning DVR off, with no luck. i have 0 issues using other software
PC specs: RTX 3060/i7-11700k/16GB ram running at 3200MHz
Tips would be welcome :)

Attachments

• 2023-06-06 02-47-41.txt
    25.5 KB · Views: 25

PaiSand

If your CPU and/or GPU are overclocked, don't
Enable windows game mode as it helps.
Run OBS as Admin.
Use default prests for the encoder. Actually, you have an RTX 3060 so you can use it to encode instead of the CPU.
Display capture must be on its own scene.

To make it easy, after you perform a clean install of the GPU driver (and perhaps drivers of your MOBO and BIOS) run the Auto-configuration Wizard (tools menu) and apply the settings it gives. Do NOT change a thing. Nada. Now restart OBS. Yes, do restart OBS.
Test as is. Don't change anythign. And please, do a single test (meaning don't start/stop/start/stop) and look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues if any is present.

PaiSand

According to the log everything whent just fine.
If you're trying to capture a game, use game or window capture instead of display capture.
Double check about game mode in windows. The registry tells OBS it's off.

Also, make yourself a favor and install VLC media player. Watch the videos with it.

stalker556

According to the log everything whent just fine.
If you're trying to capture a game, use game or window capture instead of display capture.
Double check about game mode in windows. The registry tells OBS it's off.

Also, make yourself a favor and install VLC media player. Watch the videos with it.
Oh wow using window capture fixed the issue, there's no more lag. Thank you so much :)