Horizontal lines glitch when recording video with any program

qreodium

When I record video with any program (Simple Screen Recorder, OBS) in the final file I have a kind of crumpled video. Horizontal lines overlapping each other. I've tried to change OBS encoder, KDE settings changed backend compositor to OpenGL 2, 3.1, XRender. Please tell me which elements work when recording and where something can break.

A screenshoot of video

ffmpeg version n4.4 Copyright (c) 2000-2021 the FFmpeg developers built with gcc 11.1.0 (GCC)
5.14.10-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT x86_64 GNU/Linux

Attachments

• HSVq4.png
    HSVq4.png
    174.5 KB · Views: 493

Tuna

Most likely you look at the wrong side of things. This is probably bug in the player interpreting the video falsely as interlaced. At some point this was a bug in some GPU accelerated playback API/library.

qreodium

Most likely you look at the wrong side of things. This is probably bug in the player interpreting the video falsely as interlaced. At some point this was a bug in some GPU accelerated playback API/library.
You are my hero! I've already cursed Linux and everything else. I completely forgot to check the viewing problems. I had problems with VLC.

Rhiza

omg thanks! I was pulling my hair out because I couldn't figure out what was wrong...
I tried watching the video through Kdenlive and yup, lo and behold, no horizontal lines.
I'm on Ubuntu 20.04 and when using VLC from the snapstore (version 3.0.16), the problem goes away.
From what I can tell it's only an issue on Ubuntu if you installed VLC (version 3.0.9.2-1) via apt.