High GPU use on idle + Desktop Window Manager

kqllisto

Running a 5800x3d + 3080ti + 32gb ram. OBS idles at anywhere from 20-30% gpu use. Desktop Window Manager (dwm) uses anywhere from 5-10% gpu when idle, but spikes to fill up whatever gpu headroom is left (100%) when playing anything using more of the gpu. GPU-Z shows that the gpu is DEFINITELY being used to 100%, with clock speeds maxing and temps climbing until the clocks throttle. I do have pretty large scenes, but my 1080ti/2700x system always handled it like a champ.

Desktop window manager and client server runtime process is using WAY too much gpu. It's strange, DWM uses the gpu INSTEAD of the games I play... opening things like monster hunter world or call of duty report almost NO gpu use from the games themselves, only DWM.

HAGS is off, nvidia drivers all up to date (did also roll back to older versions to try seeing any fixes). Even updated to windows 11 to see if it was an OS issue. Nothing seems to be working.

Any help? Or someone who's fixed this before? For those who want to see, here is my log file.